Lets see your log splitters! Pics please :]

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TaeQuOa2fhE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TaeQuOa2fhE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

A friend's brand new Supersplit that I borrowed. It's good to have friends! It hung up quite a bit, though, as you can see in the vid- they say it's because it's new and needs to wear in a bit. If it were mine I'd put a stronger return spring on it until it did.

Here's mine, environmentally friendly. Runs on Tex Mex food. Liquid cooled with inexpensive and readily available American beer.

Come to think, my emmissons level after the food and beer might actually put my setup onto some kind of EPA "gross violators" watch list.

3499401436_0aea9369f8.jpg

Ill rep you next time i have rep. (just cause your from NH!)

I'm just starting outhere... one guy gave me bad rep for saying my dad should have bought a pro saw for the 50 cord a year he cuts...

....he sells firewood for a living, and does it all with an MS250.

OH! And I'm way more of a sledder than a wood cutter...but the feeling of cutting and hauling wood almost compares to the thrill of leaving the ground as you crest a blind hill at 80mph...

I'm just starting outhere... one guy gave me bad rep for saying my dad should have bought a pro saw for the 50 cord a year he cuts...

....he sells firewood for a living, and does it all with an MS250.

OH! And I'm way more of a sledder than a wood cutter...but the feeling of cutting and hauling wood almost compares to the thrill of leaving the ground as you crest a blind hill at 80mph...

keyword "almost'' it's good enough when theres no snow though:clap:

Ok - whaddya say guys - post up some pictures of your log splitters! :popcorn:

Oootay - I'll go ahead and start :laugh: here's a few pics of my splitter :cheers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Man I love that splitter We have not found something that it cant split its a life and back saver!!:clap:

oh my would i like one of them. wonder how long that guy can keep up that pace :laugh:

Owned one for 10 years. Had a 90 pound soaking wet woman that ran it for 5...She put up 300 cord a year by herself.

You can keep that pace up for quite awhile :)

If you keep your eye on Craigslist, East Coast, you'll find em for ~$500. Worst case, new motor, belt, and lower slide.

My old unit (bought used) was sold to another treeguy who's been running it for the past 6 years and it's still going strong. Weak point, bigger wood (stuff over 20") and stringy stuff, needs to be busted up before running it on this unit. Least if you want to keep production rates up.

Latest posts

Back