Let's talk about kickback...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice root pics, now when u whack the wood off her just make sure the h0ole is is clear of any people:hmm3grin2orange: that area is beautiful, like most of pa. did u up root em with the dozer?

Last edited:
with no roots to hold the soil in place it will erode very soon:monkey:

with no roots to hold the soil in place it will erode very soon:monkey:

Yep. I am quite concerned about that. We left the small Hemlock. We do have the wooley adeldgid, but I hope that little hemlock will be okay since there is plenty of water close by.

some of you people kill me with your replies to questions, why answer anything at all if you aren't going to give an answer, yes I just did the same thing but I didn't send the new member away to search his little heart out on google or 100 pages of threads here.....if you can't give an answer then why bother..............

many answered his question but he did not seem to
come back to check on another response!
he probably came back to find the first two post then just thought no one cared to give an honest informative answer.

yes I just made a reply that had nothing to do with the O/P question.......

Last edited:
some of you people kill me with your replies to questions, why answer anything at all if you aren't going to give an answer, yes I just did the same thing but I didn't send the new member away to search his little heart out on google or 100 pages of threads here.....if you can't give an answer then why bother..............

he probably came back to find the first two post then just thought no one cared to give an honest informative answer.

yes I just made a reply that had nothing to do with the O/P question.......

Again, it had little to do with the question, but the poster.
He has asked many questions, started many questionable threads. I myself have PMed him offering advice and an eagerness to help him in his quest to learn, just asked him to take a bit of time to take it all in.
He never replied (and I promise, I was as nice as I could be). You do a little math.....................

Again, it had little to do with the question, but the poster.
He has asked many questions, started many questionable threads. I myself have PMed him offering advice and an eagerness to help him in his quest to learn, just asked him to take a bit of time to take it all in.
He never replied (and I promise, I was as nice as I could be). You do a little math.....................

Yup :agree2:

IMO the terms "try a search" "use the search" or "try google' or anything even close to these terms are not answers and are just like the last three post in this thread (including this one to make it four) they are nothing more than a waste of space......

this isn't the first time I've seen this happen and I'm sure not the last but if you can't say anything but "search" then don't waste space, I'm now done wasting space in this thread...........

IMO the terms "try a search" "use the search" or "try google' or anything even close to these terms are not answers and are just like the last three post in this thread (including this one to make it four) they are nothing more than a waste of space......

this isn't the first time I've seen this happen and I'm sure not the last but if you can't say anything but "search" then don't waste space, I'm now done wasting space in this thread...........

Ok, I'll bite. How many times has the OP replied in this thread?
Have you read through the posts by the OP?
Then come back with that attitude and we can disscuss it.

I have no problem with the OP if he really wants to learn as he says he does. I and many more are eager to help him, and many others. That is what it's about, sharing and learning. I wouldn't know JACK without learning from the helpfl people here. But you have to be willing to listen and learn from that.

Ok, I'll bite. How many times has the OP replied in this thread?
why would he, the first two post most likely made him feel as if he was wasting our time here and was pretty much called a fool......

this happens on all forums, someone ask a question and the busybody has to give the answer of "search" or "this has been covered many times" or some lame term of the sort..........if you can't or don't feel like answering the question then move on to a different thread.......

Last edited:
why would he, the first two post most likely made him feel as if he was wasting our time here and was pretty much called a fool......

this happens on all forums, someone ask a question and the busybody has to give the answer of "search" or "this has been covered many times" or some lame term of the sort..........if you can't or don't feel like answering the question then move on to a different thread.......

AGAIN, I will ask you to look at the posts he had made. The threads he has started, one of which the mods changed the title because it was "questionable".
It's not so much what he asks, but how.
AGAIN, myself and Treeco (a mod mind you) have tried to help him in any way we can........................

I know who treeco is, I've had discussions with him before. I saying that sometimes people feel unwelcome because of the replies they get like the first few in this thread, doesn't matter how many times they ask a question, they're asking for a reason, it's like people think they are too good or something to spend a few minutes answering a question for someone who has asked many and has many more to ask.

Last edited:
Upper ninety degree quadrant of the bar tip to be more exact!
Stand behind the saw with a firm grip and locked forward arm.
Keep your head in the game not in a game and be safe .

I have in fact been reading all the replies. To all who responded trying to help me (and other noobs) THANK YOU times a million! There are a few GREAT guys on here. One even mailed me an old (but good) climbing belt at no cost...what an awesome guy. This is a great forum, just a few well, not necessarily BAD apples but apples who need to mature a little bit. Again, thanks for all the help guys!

Speaking for myself, I've learned an incredible amount of stuff in the few months of being an AS member. I can now sharpen chains to razor precision, tune a carb by ear, rebuild a chainsaw completely (except for the bottom end, which I'll be learning about soon) and extract maximum performance from my saws with proper fuel mix, carb adjustment, and muffler mods (cylinder porting is next)- just to name a few things. Telling someone to use the search is perhaps the best thing they can do- after a few hours of reading then you can ask a few more direct questions and get the exact answer you need to know without wasting someone else's time. AS has an incredible wealth of information- with a bit of time, patience and hours of reading you can learn anything you could possibly want to know.
I would say :givebeer: but I think I've had about enough for one day :dizzy: so let me just say :cheers:

avoid it by keeping the bar tip from making contact with anything...........

And that has been covered time and time again in this thread has it not?

SEVERAL members have offered more than graciously advice on this. I dnot understand where the problem lies when the OP will not aknowledge these replies and ask pertenant questions as to how they apply?
But you choose to judge me by my answers? I think I have been more than helpful to this young man in his quest. He wanted saw suggestions, I gave them, he wanted to know where he went wrong cutting a limb and I told him that. He thinks he wants to learn how to safely climb, I have eagerly offerd my knowledge and tried to explain to him how hard it is to do that on your own (as I did).
But there have been little to no replies to helpful information, yet you call me out as the bad guy?

Speaking for myself, I've learned an incredible amount of stuff in the few months of being an AS member. I can now sharpen chains to razor precision, tune a carb by ear, rebuild a chainsaw completely (except for the bottom end, which I'll be learning about soon) and extract maximum performance from my saws with proper fuel mix, carb adjustment, and muffler mods (cylinder porting is next)- just to name a few things. Telling someone to use the search is perhaps the best thing they can do- after a few hours of reading then you can ask a few more direct questions and get the exact answer you need to know without wasting someone else's time. AS has an incredible wealth of information- with a bit of time, patience and hours of reading you can learn anything you could possibly want to know.
I would say :givebeer: but I think I've had about enough for one day :dizzy: so let me just say :cheers:

Next week we will have you 125 foot up a pecan removing overhang
over 12500 volts hang in there friend:cheers:

I have in fact been reading all the replies. To all who responded trying to help me (and other noobs) THANK YOU times a million! There are a few GREAT guys on here. One even mailed me an old (but good) climbing belt at no cost...what an awesome guy. This is a great forum, just a few well, not necessarily BAD apples but apples who need to mature a little bit. Again, thanks for all the help guys!

Guess that makes me an apple or something.:monkey:

Let's talk about kickback...

Well one time I was standing behind my 372 making a top bar horizontal cut from right to left about crotch level and she decided she didnt like it and kicked me in the balls pretty hard. I was still holding the saw though no problem and the chain brake worked like it was supposed to so now I make sure my crotch is not in line with my saw. hth :cheers:

Kansas

Back