Leveraxe

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting how deflection was always a safty concern and this guy has come up with a way to not only make it occur, but harness it.

from the site, the price is 199e which is around 270dollars, pretty expensive...

Wow that's pricey! I can buy me 2/3 of a Dolmar 5100s for that! That said the idea is a simple but effective one. I'm sure it's great for ash and clear woods.
:cheers:

I guess I'm going about getting on the list the wrong way. How is it done?

I called after GeeVee But in looking at it I think you were before me so I guess GeeVee should send the axe to you and then you send it to me.

I signed up in oct. I think I was after JBfab has he had it yet?

Later,

Last edited:
Just checking in to see if Geevee has gotten to use it yet. I apoligize for not sending it sooner. My udder brudder grabbed it and I had to go retrieve it.
I thought it worked good for making small stuff but I think that my fiskars it just as good for a lot less money. The fiskars will work alot better on the big stuff too.

I got it this week. Will use it Sunday.

Been a little strained around here losing a brother in law to a motorcycle accident. My sisters man was ran over from behind while waiting to turn left. Then a week later another less noble sudden tragic death to a relative's brother, over a broken heart, and last evening, a nephew losing control and ruining his life for the foreseeable future with drugs and alcohol mixed with a little mental illness- lots of hurt feelings and ill will for too many reasons around me right now.

I'm a family kind of guy- blood is all that matters, so I've been beat down.

I can't wait to get down to the Ranch and try this axe out, its been a few weeks since I've been able to get down there.

Wow, I'm sorry for your loss. I ride motorcycle and I know how dangerous it can be. I had a coworker hit a deer. he was laid up for a couple months. I hope thing get better for your family.

Who next?

I was non plussed for the most part. Maybe I'm too short, and hands too small. And my wood and needs are not for splitting. I've got blown down Oak and Hickory, Bass and Gum, 16"-24"d and 12-16"L.

I read through the replies a wee bit, and can't understand it yet.

We've a Stihl long wood handle maul for a few years, and it works. This year we got the Stihl short plastic splliting ax, and it works better. We use both, for sure, actually. Having more than one tool is good.

I will ask my son to post his take on the Leveraxe when he gets home, he used it more than I.

Thanks to the owner and sponsor of the test.

Next person PM me?

Latest posts

Back