Lightweight 32”

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thomasinvancouver

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I’m looking for a lightweight 32 .050 3/8 bar. Any idea which one of this is lightest? Having a hard time finding reliable numbers. Anyone own one of the new Cannon bars?

Stihl ES lightweight
Oregon powercut/powermatch
Tsumura light and tough
Cannon duralite

I only have experience with the Stihl ES lightweight and the Tsumura Light and Tough. The Stihl was a bit lighter, but after using both I really feel the Tsumura was better quality. The difference in weight wasn't enough to notice, I much prefer the Tsumura personally. The rails seemed harder, and it seemed to be able to carry the oil better down the bar (hope that makes sense, the chain was definitely oiled better on the Tsumura for some reason). Just overall a better bar IMO

Cannon is lighter than any but the Oregon which is very light but pretty floppy, the Cannon is also the stiffest of them.
Full disclosure I am a Cannon dealer, In the past I was a seller of Stihl Tsumura and Oregon bars.
If you are looking for a 32" Cannon Duralite I think we offer the best price and do not advertise it publicly so send me a PM.
thanks
Dave

Just my .02 here. I ran a Tsomura lightweight 25” for awhile and can say that it held up extremely well for the abuse I put it through. Their light weight, to me, did not sacrifice its durability. Full disclosure, I only ran it for about six months before the saw it was attached to was stolen from me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Tsumura bars are nice, but the tips are known to fail in hard use, I just had one fail on a 36" bar. The Oregon is ok, but as mentioned not very stiff. The best one I've seen is the Stihl bar. Haven't seen the Cannon yet, but if it's anything like their other bars it will be second to none, but that comes at a steep price.

With the deals on the Tsumura bars even with the weak tips the steel is excellent as is the fit and finish, just keep an extra tip on hand.[emoji111]

I already have a 25” Stihl ES Light and a 28” Tsumura Light and Tough. 25” on the 362 and the 28” on the 462. I only gain about an inch of usable bar length with the 462 due to the bigger dogs, but I did take a driver out to close up the bar and sprocket gap. I haven’t used the Tsumura much, but I have no complaints about either. I’m considering the Cannon due to their reputation, but I’m hesitant to spend the money vs a Stihl bar. I do know that the 28” Tsumura is about 8 ounces heavier than an equivalent Stihl bar. These are used mostly for clearing trails, so weight is a big factor.

I’m a sucker for the Stihl ES Light bar. Good, light bar, and the sprocket tips hold up better than the Tsumara and Sugihara options. I had a 32” Oregon Powermatch RW bar that spent most of it’s life on a Husqvarna 372XP... Okay steel as far as wear, very floppy. Better sprocket tip than Tsumara.

Cannon and GB are my preferred bars for solid bars on Husqvarna chainsaws while I was slinging the 372 or 395 every day. I’m interested in these light bars from them.

Here is a link for you
https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...omparison-tests-measurements-pictures.293794/
I have a 28” and 20” tsumra bar.
Run them on my 460 and 362.

The 20” has close to 80 cords of fire wood on it. And about 8-10 chains. Original tip

The 28” I use more at work doing thinning and slashing. The tip gets some hard use.
I have over 150 hrs on it and the original tip.

Both bars have amazing hard rails. I have dressed the 20” once for sure. Don’t think I have had to touch the 28” yet.

Back