local fair having a chainsaw speed cuts nedd some help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pa.hunter

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
i have an 365 with big bore kit from bailys muffler mod and port and changed carb out with walbro 24" bar and chisel chain any info to make it faster please give it to me. first time doing this . its fast cutter now ! anything i can do diff. chain drum ? help let me have some advise on it better intake filter maybe ?

Convert it to Alky/Nitro and get a good chain. How big of wood are you cutting at the fair?

Full comp chain should cut faster unless your getting into longer bars that your saw has trouble pulling.

full comp and you are meaning ?

Full comp chain should cut faster unless your getting into longer bars that your saw has trouble pulling.
full chisel or do you mean compition chain and if so , where do i get one oregon full chisel is what i have now . i have lots of pulling power with 24 " bar full chisel you cant slow it any

Last edited:
i have an 365 with big bore kit from bailys muffler mod and port and changed carb out with walbro 24" bar and chisel chain any info to make it faster please give it to me. first time doing this . its fast cutter now ! anything i can do diff. chain drum ? help let me have some advise on it better intake filter maybe ?

Where is this fair?

Practice your transitions from down cut to up cut and back down.
A lot of times a really fast saw gets smoked because the operator tries to transition too fast.

Also try to let the saw do the cutting, if you push you run the risk of bogging the saw.

If you run a 16" bar take your dawgs off.

If you run a 16"-20" bar you can probably get away with a 9 tooth sprocket,
As long as your not cutting hardwood or anything over 10" diameter.

Above all else have fun with it and don't be too competitive, if the others like the way you
operate they will offer advice.

Remember there is always something new to learn, so have patience and have fun!

Back