• Please be aware that we have recently gotten a wave of users that, when researched, are found to be from Nigeria. They are trying to sell products and asking to be paid through Zelle or Venmo leaving users with no recourse if they don't ship the product. If you suspect this activity please contact admin and we will research their information to verify their location.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Local Short Line New York Susquehanna & Western

weimedog

weimedog

Addicted to ArboristSite
Website
www.youtube.com
Local to me short line hauling the freight . I happen to like the color scheme and they have some really interesting lash - ups. IF you like trains.. :) Being a smaller railroad they run older equipment. BUT the ones I have interest in. The older 2 - stroke EMD's from the 1970's-80's

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Local to me short line hauling the freight . I happen to like the color scheme and they have some really interesting lash - ups. IF you like trains.. :) Being a smaller railroad they run older equipment. BUT the ones I have interest in. The older 2 - stroke EMD's from the 1970's-80's

Great video! Ending with a little track work. :cool:
He was hauling a$$ at one point, looked to definitely be exceeding the speed limit. :oops:
Do you know what they were hauling?
I was the office manager at out local short line for about 9 months several years ago. Loved everything about it.
If I recall correctly, the short lines can't exceed 35 mph?
Ours hauled carbon black, propane, and scrap metal. Went about forty miles north to the end of line for the propane, came back, then about another 40 south to drop for CSX to pick up.
My favorite part of my job was in the morning when the engineer would crank her up - about 20' from my desk. :happy:

I found the history of the railroad, in general, very interesting - especially the corruption part. ;)

Reactions: svk
NIP Group
TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Their speed limits are above 35, pretty certain of that from a very good source. And yes they really cook along on this one. This is a "class 2" system. They run from down in New Jersey thru PA to Syracuse NY & Utica NY
Ours is a Class lll
"Tennessee is served by 23 Class III, or short-line, railroads. These railroads provide short-haul and switching services to/from/for the Class I railroads and comprise 25 percent of Tennessee’s total rail mileage. They are shown in Figure 3-14. Table 3-3 shows a summary of Tennessee short-line railroads’ key characteristics. Table 3-4 shows how each of the Tennessee short-lines is organized and operated. Individual railroad descriptions are provided in Appendix 1. "

I was close; speed limit for Class lll is 40mph.

svk

Saw Hoarder

Is that the Hudson depot at the 4 minute mark?