Log loads near Rochester or Buffalo NY?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dabills

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Does anyone know where I could find a fair price on a log load delivered to the LeRoy area and about how much I should be paying per facecord? Thanks

you want to cut your own? I might have a place you can cut trees at. I’d have to ask the owner first.

I don't really have a way to transport unfortunately. Ideally I would just have a large log load dropped off for me to cut up and split. Thank you for responding.

Ok the best I found was ~14 facecords for 500 or 18-20 facecords for 700. Is there anybody from the area that can confirm if this is the going rate? Around 35 a facecord. It seems like a fair price.

What is a face cord? how many make a real cord, when we were cutting back in the seventies they had long cords and short cords

A face cord is 4 feet high by 8 feet long by the length of the wood(typically 16 to 18 inches). So basically it's a third of a cord. I would prefer to use the cord measurement as it's more precise but about 98% of people in western New York measure in face cords. Personally my face cords measure 4 feet x 8 feet x 22-24 inches as my fisher grandpa bear likes to be fed a steady diet of tree trunks.

Back