Log splitter pics what's yours look like?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why so much wood?

The obvious answer would be for $.

I am not quite sure he is familiar with decay causing orgs. or he is banking on moving it before they become a factor.

I think he is semi retired and independently wealthy.

He takes any kind of wood any time. We were hit with a hurricane last fall.

He sells it for approx 100$ per pick up load all you can load your self.

I would not doubt there is a substantial profit.

That is all I got for you.

Today we knocked out a small pile. About 50 cord in the pile now. Will take a pic or two tomorrow but for now these will have to do.
My cousin and his son and a friend gave me a hand. those two young fellows had a time of it keeping up. With two keeping the wood away and one feeding me we went through about 5 cord in a couple of hours. Will finish up tomorrow.

sorry pics didn't get in. will try again.

Last edited:
OK, I am done splitting wood for a couple of years. finished up today and there is about 50cord in that pile as it goes back a bit. Should keep her warm as I might be in alaska, who knows.
Anyone need an experienced heavy equipment operator. Our union is full and I am about to freelance.

sorry for the pic size, too many bytes.

Last edited:
Nickblaze466 re Log Boss

that had never occurred to me, as something that i could just purchase. yes, by all means, please ask if thats something that can be purchased - both the big cylinder paired with the booster or just the booster separate and on its own.

thank you very much

I talked with the Log Boss folks, and they no longer sell the cylinder and booster combination. They will sell the splitter without engine and wheels, but it is as they say nearly as much as the whole splitter. The reason they gave made sense to me. They said that when they had done it in the old days several people mounted it on 4 inch I beams, and ended up bending the beams. It is a time proven system that works very well as designed and they don't want the risk of it being used not as designed. JR

Is that a cable lift for the big rounds? Does it lift the log on backstroke of cylinder? I tried to make a system work, but gave up. Got too complicated.

I was to lazy to move the jeep, for the picture so this will have to do...Troy Bilt 27 Ton. First season with no problems. Starts up on the first or second pull. Has split everything I throw at it...

Is that a cable lift for the big rounds? Does it lift the log on backstroke of cylinder? I tried to make a system work, but gave up. Got too complicated.

Triptester that log splitter is one unique design. I really like that lift.

Homemade 20 ton /8 hp Honda /30" capacity

IMG_101-7.jpg

IMG_102-4.jpg

IMG_103-4.jpg

I had my prototype working, but my splitter is horiz and had to have a vert pole with cables and pulleys and I also had a length of chain for adjustments. I'm going to convert log lift part to hyd later. Nice to know someone got it working.

Finally got a bit of video ...

If you'd like to see my logsplitter in action ...

http://diylogsplitter.blogspot.com/

I lent it to my BIL this was his first time using it and was well pleased at the result. I've since had a guard fitted over the drive shaft, it does look dangerous in the video.

Cheers

:)

Back