log splitter valve

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnewk

Reaction score
I made the mistake of removing the end of the valve on my splitter to take care of a leak and the check balls dropped out. Does anyone know the order they go back in? There is a spring, one large ball, and two small balls. Please help, there is no one in my area that works on them and it seems crazy to buy a new one. Thanks ahead to anyone that can help.
Jeff

I have a fubar-ed Energy brand valve at my shop that was replaced with a better quality valve last year. After taking my hydraulics course this spring (got an A+, I might add :cool: ), I stuck out my chest and figured that whatever ails that valve is not beyond me!

Well, I took out the two screws that hold the detent balls, spring and shaft, and boom :eek: , the spring sent the ball in at least 3 directions. I did not recover the balls even to get to the point that you are at, so you are doing better than me! I just put the cover back on, opened a beer and figured I'd use it in a non-return application, "someday".

I paid $109 for a new valve, Canadian, and I see them on sale cheaper than that (I believe the Brand I bought was "American".)

Thanks john

Not the answer I was wanting but you're probably right. I'll hold off for a few days and maybe someone else has an answer. Thanks again!

Yes, my local and highly-respected hydraulic shop said the Energy brand valve was junk, and the American was better quality and rebuildable to boot. So I carried it home and welded up a modified mounting bracket for it, and it works great.

Latest posts

Back