• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy log splitter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blitzen

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi, I am in Michigan and am looking for a log splitter used is fine. I burn 20 plus cord a year for the last 16 years in an owb it has a 24 inch door and is 6 feet deep. I have reserved a splitfire with a 36 inch opening for this weekend. It doesn't fit my idea very well for production work. My idea is a 4 way wedge and push through 4 way with up to 28inch diameter by 36 inch log into a bucket or bed then over to pile to dump. One day have a conveyor to help with this chore. If anyone knows of a good quality log splitter I am looking to buy one... I tried to buy 2 different timberwolf logsplitters--one of them I paid for and also paid for shipping. Week after week of hearing their lies about when it was going to ship (I know they were lying because I was working with 2 different people-one would say machine is going in to get checked over before we send it then a week later I would get the same story different person never went into shop to get checked out before they sent it.) I told them that they must like it better than I do--so keep it--they did refund my money. I have nothing good to say about my experience with the timberwolf people, I'm sure their product is better than their help and your mileage may vary. My number is five one seven 28one zero 41four. Dave

Where at in mi? That’s not much of a budget for what I would consider a real log splitter. But that’s plenty of budget for a smaller log splitter for a box store log splitter. But if you want to log lift and a good splitter it ain’t gonna work for that price unless you find a used one.

Your about two hrs north of me. I’m in Monroe. There is a guy in ida mi builds really nice splitters name of his company is all wood log splitters. For your price range I’ll keep my eye open but it will be tough to find a good one.

There is a used one in North Carolina I have sent the guy a message but no response from him. Thanks for your reply.

Dave

Yeah I sent him a reply also didn’t get anything in return.
I rented a splitfire with a 36 inch opening over the weekend and it is a nice splitter, log lift, two way splitting action. Parked my tractor on the otherside of the log splitter and as I split I took the splits and filled the bucked, then dumped the bucket when full. At this point I see no reason to spend the money to own one when the rental unit will do what I need. I am out of the buying market unless I find a good buy on a used unit.

Check with ALTA Equipment they have a bunch of them ask for Riley he seemed to be on the ball. 616-239-7124 It was more than I could run by myself-meaning it sat idle alot. Splits quick, never stalled out, after renting I don't see the need to own. I can rent one, 3 times a year for the next 10 years and not have 50 percent of the cost of a new one at todays prices.

Less than 100 per day, 90 I think. Also go to splitfire website and they list companies that rent their product may find one close to you...

Less than 100 per day, 90 I think. Also go to splitfire website and they list companies that rent their product may find one close to you...
I rented the unit for a half day on Friday and all day Saturday and brought it back Monday morning. 122.00. Thought that was reasonable.

That don’t seem bad at all
You can go to split-fires website they have a section for dealer, rentals I think I saw a couple places by you on their site. Great Lakes rental and equipment. Must be fairly close.

You can go to split-fires website they have a section for dealer, rentals I think I saw a couple places by you on their site. Great Lakes rental and equipment. Must be fairly close.
Garden City and Westland too.

Latest posts

Back