Log Splitters

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GENROS

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Guys

Im looking at purchasing a Built Rite 24 splitter. It is about 10gs with the log lift. I like the single stage pump and 24 hp motor it comes with. Does anyone make anything comparible (with a single stage pump)? I have checked all the majors Timberwolf, American, etc...... have found nothing

The only person that makes a comparable setup is you, the user.

SplitRight, a sponsor at the top of the page will make you a comparable splitter for 7-8K, just call them with your needs.

Where some splitters are faster, SplitRight is taller, like your counter top, they make the unit to fit the user.

If you want speed of cycle for cheap, then look up SuperSplitter, and count yer digits often.

I have a 24hpws-d log splitter i purchased from built-rite about two years ago. I opted for the kubota diseal engine. I tell ya what. You can't go wrong with it. Alot better then those gas engines.

i did talk to split right but they dont use a single stage pump

i dont want to put out the extra 2gs for the kubota but i am sure you are 100% correct about the diesel being awesome

I have a 24hpws-d log splitter i purchased from built-rite about two years ago. I opted for the kubota diseal engine. I tell ya what. You can't go wrong with it. Alot better then those gas engines.

So much information in that post, shall we assume it burns less gallons per hour than a gas engine per operating hour?

I am still on the fence about buying one myself...some things I have discovered..

Unless you are going to split UGLY wood every day for a living, I think the 11 series built-rite would be a better fit. Quite a bit cheaper, but the same machine other than the engine, and just as fast..

Like I said, go for the 11 if you do less than say 40-50 cords a year..
And if you do more than that....you'd prolly be better off with the base model processor they make...it's $22K, but cuts and splits a cord an hour.

Call the first 1-800 number in the ad, they will send you a CD and color brochure with a price list. Got mine yesterday.

So much information in that post, shall we assume it burns less gallons per hour than a gas engine per operating hour?

Runs at less RPM, doesn't lug down like a gas engine, therefore it gets better fuel-per cord ratio than a gas and the pump gets full power full time.
Why are you being like this?

Yes it does burn less fuel. It has alot more power, and really gets the job done.

Going from running a 2 man operation with a troybilt getting 2 to 3 cords a day done.

To now running a 2 man operation and putting out 6 to 8 cords a day.

And buying the conveyor add on makes a nice looking pile. Less handling of the wood. :)

The intention is to split 150 to 200 cords. A Lot of it will be tree trimm wood. I want to do it right from the start. Mechanically the single stage pump makes the most sense for hardcore work. I havent found another company that builds a comparable machine. No frills and just well built

The intention is to split 150 to 200 cords. A Lot of it will be tree trimm wood. I want to do it right from the start. Mechanically the single stage pump makes the most sense for hardcore work. I havent found another company that builds a comparable machine. No frills and just well built

Then the gas 24 is what you want...I've never seen another single stage pump machine. $10,175 for the 24 and a log lift was my quote. That's a lot of coin, but the machine will hold it's value well. 7-8 years hence, you should be able to get 5-6K back out of it.

im kind of surprised there is no one else that builds a similar machine

The timberwolf TW-6 is a 2 stage but it has more or less the same cycle time and splitting power..but after you add a 6 way and a grate (both standard on the B-R) and then factor in the 6 HP atvantage and tool box and bigger tanks and reversed tow hitch the BR has...it's not a hard decision for me..If I were able, the diesel would be my first choice for sure..
I can't offer any info about the split-rite.

Few other things I forgot.

The owner / builder @ B-R is always a phone call away. Hard to beat that kind of service.
Also, they make each machine to order...as the processors are taking up all their time..and they want input from the buyer....meaning you get a custom made machine...

I just watched all the videos on the Split-Rite website.
I must say, they have some really ingenious features.
The engraved lengths, sizes, and such is a great idea.
The light bar is a great idea.
The segmented lift is good.
The anti-vibration mounting on the controls is good.

But the built rite is way faster, and has a much larger engine and piston.
It also has a 6 way wedge standard.

Put some of those Split-rite accessories on the Built-rite and it would be perfect..

Opened bilt rite website, they can't spell worth a hoot, I wonder what other details they don't care about.

Pretty obvious you have some sort of vested interest in Split rite.
Here's an idea, post up a few pictures of YOURS. Better yet, offer some useful advice. So far you've just been a split rite propaganda machine.

BTW, your posts clearly show you aren't the greatest with the English language. Hope your house is made of shatter-proof glass.

I don't know how your concience fits, but you've been coming off like a prick. Certainly not helpful to the thread starter.
Have a great evening.

I just watched all the videos on the Split-Rite website.
I must say, they have some really ingenious features.
The engraved lengths, sizes, and such is a great idea.
The light bar is a great idea.
The segmented lift is good.
The anti-vibration mounting on the controls is good.

But the built rite is way faster, and has a much larger engine and piston.
It also has a 6 way wedge standard.

Put some of those Split-rite accessories on the Built-rite and it would be perfect..

No one machine is perfect. It's up to the buyer to test, research, and find what best fits their situation.

Look at eastomade splitter

Back