Loggers and Anvils

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of anvils, now that I have weekends again, I'm considering trying to canister weld Damascus using ded saw chain and ded caulks... be awhile but it should be fun in nothing else.

Don't worry I have plenty of both ded saw chain and ded caulks... couple ded bars for that matter too, pile of ded cylinders and pistons might end up being a wind chime

Speaking of anvils, now that I have weekends again, I'm considering trying to canister weld Damascus using ded saw chain and ded caulks... be awhile but it should be fun in nothing else.

Don't worry I have plenty of both ded saw chain and ded caulks... couple ded bars for that matter too, pile of ded cylinders and pistons might end up being a wind chime

Why you got weekends again?

Northbear do you use a hammer or your bear hands?

Why you got weekends again?

I managed to be myself laid off... so I am just a dumb logger now, for better or worse.

Northbear do you use a hammer or your bear hands?

Depends? I don't generally wear gloves if that helps... burning hair is smelly though, so hammers are nice for that.

I managed to be myself laid off... so I am just a dumb logger now, for better or worse.

Depends? I don't generally wear gloves if that helps... burning hair is smelly though, so hammers are nice for that.

Well,

You’ve got the Skills & the Wheels to pay the Bills, so,

Go Get ‘Em.

Leave three loggers alone in a room with a 500 lb anvil, a little snoose, some beer and perhaps a fifth of whiskey and by morning that anvil will be either bent, broken or pregnant (or all of the above).

Have had a few hired hands that I swear could have broke an anvil in half with a rubber mallet. You know the type... show them the ropes on something, give them something easy, and you "think" you can leave for an hour or two.
Come back and they've done more damage in that hour than you have in 1000hrs on the machine!

I worked running a loader at a sawmill "a few" years ago. We had 4 operators on two machines. We covered all 24 hours that way. For a while we had one guy who would invent ways to tear stuff up. You'd come in at 6am and there would be his machine in a 40 gallon puddle. The other three of us never broke a single thing that I can remember. That fourth guy finally gave up operating and went to work inside the mill building.

It's a loader, not a hammer.

Back