Loggers helmet

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ll see if I can find the spare one I didn’t care for it falling timber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just wish there were muffs for the SBs.

I made fun of everyone I saw with those muffs on until I tried them: they are great on plastic helmets & you don’t need to take a glove off to deal with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I just wish there were muffs for the SBs.

I made fun of everyone I saw with those muffs on until I tried them: they are great on plastic helmets & you don’t need to take a glove off to deal with them.

To each their own I’ve never cared for muffs but I’m not hardly pulling my ear plugs out during the day pretty much just lunch. I’ll have to look I seem to remember a liner that fit in them that had the provisions for muffs.

To each their own I’ve never cared for muffs but I’m not hardly pulling my ear plugs out during the day pretty much just lunch. I’ll have to look I seem to remember a liner that fit in them that had the provisions for muffs.

You’ve been more useful than their page yet again.

Thank You.

I have to talk to people a lot during the day.

You’ve been more useful than their page yet again.

Thank You.

I have to talk to people a lot during the day.

It was a local rigging shop that carries most of this stuff. This is straight from the Madsens catalog
12f475b7010bf179f9b2717115e95d26.jpg

I wear a Skull Bucket with good safety glasses & plugs or this with the muffs.

https://www.treestuff.com/store/catalog.asp?category_id=37&item=1726

The face shields are for the smalls.

it looks like the alveo vent helmet can take ear muffs , I have looked at the Petzel and similar style helmets , I may go that route when I need my next.

I like muffs because when we are felling like we were yesterday there is a lot of communications happening. about straps and chains as a tree comes down we pull it out in sections . on a felling day like yesterday I had 3 saws and I think I ran maybe a tank and a half with any saw I filled them up at the start in the morning and at lunch and we cut till 4 , end up spending more time positioning chain to drag logs out to where the skid loader can pick them up in 8 foot sections.

I was reading that the petzel and that style of helmet is taking over in construction also they realized the crush panels do more to protect the user from falling impact , it already has in other countries. the down side over the aluminum is that they have to be watched for UV weakening from being out in the sun

it looks like the alveo vent helmet can take ear muffs , I have looked at the Petzel and similar style helmets , I may go that route when I need my next.

I like muffs because when we are felling like we were yesterday there is a lot of communications happening. about straps and chains as a tree comes down we pull it out in sections . on a felling day like yesterday I had 3 saws and I think I ran maybe a tank and a half with any saw I filled them up at the start in the morning and at lunch and we cut till 4 , end up spending more time positioning chain to drag logs out to where the skid loader can pick them up in 8 foot sections.

I was reading that the petzel and that style of helmet is taking over in construction also they realized the crush panels do more to protect the user from falling impact , it already has in other countries. the down side over the aluminum is that they have to be watched for UV weakening from being out in the sun

Mine have muffs: they are great for their application.

I’m not sure either style will save you from a large limb that’s sailing, one thing I do remember from a safety conference last year about the helmet style they said they’ve seen a more neck injuries.

I use a stihl one because that's what my coop had. I don't have many complaints other than I wished the removeable head/sweat band inside was a little more robust after washing it a few times it started falling apart. I have always wore safety glasses but the face shield is nice for running a trimmer as well, saves getting hit in the teeth with gravel.

Back