Loggers, WTF

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownthumb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have been calling this guy for yrs for firewood logs And he never answers his phone.
My buddy calls him in front of me and he answers right away. Im like WTS. I talk to him and he says call 3 times in a row and he will answer. His money is in guys with firewood processors but he needs a place for the big stuff also. 400 a load for a log truck load I’m feeling good.

I have been calling this guy for yrs for firewood logs And he never answers his phone.
My buddy calls him in front of me and he answers right away. Im like WTS. I talk to him and he says call 3 times in a row and he will answer. His money is in guys with firewood processors but he needs a place for the big stuff also. 400 a load for a log truck load I’m feeling good.
Have your bud call & have the guy deliver to you

Customer service is a lost art now days. A good businessman will answer his phone or at least call right back even if he can't do business right now to preserve the relationship for future business.

This. It's better to call and tell them you're simply too busy at the moment and can't take on any more jobs, but possibly in the future than to ignore a potential customer.

I don't care how important people think they are, if they do not have the courtesy to answer or return calls/messages then find someone else.

My friend owns property near a major highway where a local logger stores his wood. He referred me to the logger for some work and said to text him. I texted him and said Joe Schmoe referred me to you, could you please give me a call regarding logging some property. He read the message almost immediately. No response back. Ok, I will never do business with that person!

I once needed a licensed roofer for a job. I called TEN, and none of them even called me back. Did the stupid roof myself. Inspector never asked, but I would have told him exactly what happened and make no apologies for it.

I always call back my customers, and if I'm too busy (or don't want to do the job), I give names/numbers of a couple friends for them to try. They always appreciate that, and it gets me business later on from them. But often people will wait weeks or months for me anyway. I must not be charging enough.

I don't care how important people think they are, if they do not have the courtesy to answer or return calls/messages then find someone else.

My friend owns property near a major highway where a local logger stores his wood. He referred me to the logger for some work and said to text him. I texted him and said Joe Schmoe referred me to you, could you please give me a call regarding logging some property. He read the message almost immediately. No response back. Ok, I will never do business with that person!
? that sounds kind of familiar, hey steve… anymore neighbors needing a logger/tree removal/firewood/fisherman/bear hunter kinda person ??? … lol

Back