Logging trucks and equipment pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevy_tech

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I'm looking to see some nice pictures of logging trucks and equipment. Preferably from Wisconsin and Michigan, but I'd like to see whatever you got.

Here's some California trucks...
P4201311-1.jpg

P6240007.jpg

PB101482.jpg

Copy of logtruck 008.jpg Forget the shiny trucks and east coast stuff:):bowdown: .These are from the PNW>

Here's a Madill 071 yarder set up for downhill yarding and doing it. They did a fine job too.

A small, but heavy piece of specialty equipment called a jack by the loggers. The logging planners call it an intermediate support for the skyline. It is used when the slope of the ground changes enough that the skyline would hit the ground without it.
jackraising0001.JPG

A Koller yarder with tube extension at work.
koller0001.JPG

how far away can you mark with these? i get tired of walking to every tree and fighting briers.

Depends on the wind, and how much paint you are willing to use. The farther away you squirt from, the more paint it takes. I'd say 10 feet maximum but have flung it farther with the wind helping. The fallers were always impressed with the power. I favor a modded Treecoder gun. You must mod it by taking the screen off the bottom. It has fewer parts to it than a Nelspot gun. The Nelspot guns always seemed temperamental to me.

We always tried to talk those who must kind of be obeyed into buying us the paintball guns, but they refused. They were afraid we'd have too much fun and there would be blue squirrels and chippymunks and maybe even an elk running around in the woods. I wouldn't even think about doing that..;)

Latest posts

Back