Logging trucks and equipment pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting machine. Never knew Deere was into that sort of thing
Yeah I remember as a kid there was one around here, we should be out your way next month to look at Barko's factory for the 240 as well as Timberpro and JP Skidmore.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Yeah I remember as a kid there was one around here, we should be out your way next month to look at Barko's factory for the 240 as well as Timberpro and JP Skidmore.

Going to be at the logging Congress in Wisconsin beginning of Sept?

Five hours or so with the hoe s to get it back up then another couple to get the engine cleared. Had some oil on the compression side after spending the night on its side. No one hurt, some bent frame behind the cab to repair from a stump.

Attachments

• IMG_20160811_210254.jpg
    IMG_20160811_210254.jpg
    970.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_20160812_214214.jpg
    IMG_20160812_214214.jpg
    838.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20160812_214321.jpg
    IMG_20160812_214321.jpg
    928.4 KB · Views: 80
Going to be at the logging Congress in Wisconsin beginning of Sept?
Not sure yet if we'll make the conference or not yet but we should be back around that time. Do you guys have any experience with the barko?

Wow that sucks! The new machine too! You weren't in it were you? How's the pulp market up there by the way?

Not sure yet if we'll make the conference or not yet but we should be back around that time. Do you guys have any experience with the barko?

I don't personally but a friend of mine ran a couple demos for them in the 260w I think. At the time he was running a Cat and preferred the Barko/southstar combo. We re partial to tilters so havent looked into them much.
I will give top marks to Timber pro though. We were just at the factory again the other day working through some things I found with a cylinder clearance. They listen when their customers speak and back their product 100 percent. They are helping me with a one off control option right now.

Wow that sucks! The new machine too! You weren't in it were you? How's the pulp market up there by the way?

I don't run it and the guy that does was fine. Not my idea of equipment care but accidents happen in rough rocky ground I guess. Last time he put one of our bunchers over was in 97 or 98.

Pulp markets here are in the tubes unless your with a company with solid supply agreements. We have been. Basically high grading a junk stand all summer. So, not a great summer so far. Now the log and veneer market is getting saturated and talk of rate cuts is circulating. Our pulp quota is open right now but only due to our low production so far.

How bout you, I know you stick in the log timber mostly?

Pulp markets here are in the tubes unless your with a company with solid supply agreements. We have been. Basically high grading a junk stand all summer. So, not a great summer so far. Now the log and veneer market is getting saturated and talk of rate cuts is circulating. Our pulp quota is open right now but only due to our low production so far.

How bout you, I know you stick in the log timber mostly?
I cut a fair amount of pulp for a handcutter. Typically I sell it all as firewood. Warm winter last year, price of propane, eab ash firewood every, and the big Producers flooding the market have all pretty much killed the firewood market. I'm still moving it but slowly. On the other hand my sawmill I send logs to shut down for two weeks on account of lack of logs. No one hand cuts anymore. It's going to be a weird year.

Looks like your in some nice processor timber! Can't say I have ever watched one of those tail swing timbcos work. 622?
Seen a few around even seen a new big Timberpro the other day on a lowboy on the interstate flags had to have poles for height it was a tall sob.

I realize it's a valmet. Valmet bought timbco out a while back. Then was bought by komatsu. That thing definitely has a lot of Crawford blood in its veins.

More up on your history then me bud, kids these days.... As for the tail, it hasn't caught me out YET, just a bit of extra care when we aren't clear felling.
This machine has 3 more blocks to go before its getting sold off, and I'm into a refurbished L830 tiger!

Always pins and needles when waiting for a new machine while running the old iron.
We are working away from where our major operations are. So our patch is like the graveyard. The boys in the hardwood and radiata down in the S/E are in new 822/830 tigers or 521b cats!

3 guys here two trucks and enough equipment for two sides. Lots of guys have big crews around here still and seem to be getting bigger by the day.

Latest posts

Back