Logging trucks and equipment pics.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope it doesn't happen with mine. Do you know where they broke, or have any pictures? I'd be super interested in seeing where to keep an eye on mine. My main center frame snapped in two almost two years ago but so far no boom trouble.

My sales guy said they Bear which is Ponsse's big harvester is at its outer limit in that wood. Scorpions should stick in the thinning it seems.
Scorpion is too big for thinning honestly most of the guys run 415 sized machines or the 608b or 653 like I have and some 1270 sized machines. Last we heard was they snapped them off the couple that were out here. One day you should come out for the live demo logging conference it'd help a lot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Scorpion is too big for thinning honestly most of the guys run 415 sized machines or the 608b or 653 like I have and some 1270 sized machines. Last we heard was they snapped them off the couple that were out here. One day you should come out for the live demo logging conference it'd help a lot.

There's lots of stories in my home area about scorpions breaking into all sorts of pieces. So far I'm the only one who has actually had one break in America as far as I can tell. Ponsse is remarkably transparent about thier flaws and is extremely quick to update/fix them.

The 1270 and Scorpion are virtually the same sized machine and about 10' wide.

What did you guys think after touring TPro and Barko?

There's lots of stories in my home area about scorpions breaking into all sorts of pieces. So far I'm the only one who has actually had one break in America as far as I can tell. Ponsse is remarkably transparent about thier flaws and is extremely quick to update/fix them.

The 1270 and Scorpion are virtually the same sized machine and about 10' wide.

What did you guys think after touring TPro and Barko?
Haven't made it back yet my dad ended up getting called up for Jury duty so hoping to go back here soon. That's the second one I've heard if out here cracking the boom but both companies can break anything. I'll see about popping over and get pictures of the new big head on a 880 tigercat.
35a1db5e40e41faed2648668b2ccdc57.jpg
158fb3a9dafcf809d41ae4c1b907a8e9.jpg

Same job there in the 2nd picture I'd normally cut long logs.

Back