Logrite mega hook

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sirbuildalot

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
The Logrite yellow 78” megahook would be nice for turning the giant logs. It’s listed for up to 45” diameter. Not sure that it’d offer a ton more than my current 60” logrite cant hook does. Anyone have one? How do you like it?

I had a long handled cant and found it was way to cumbersome to be effective. I modified an existing that was in real bad shape, by really beefing it up. The important thing for a cant to be effective is a large enough throat for larger logs and both ends must be very sharp to dig in and bite.

The handle was cracked, so it was glued and bolted to reinforce. (I have a spare new handle but haven't used it yet, this is fine) The center of the handle was hollow. So a railroad spike was stuck in the middle, a strap of steel was welded to that and that carries the stress when being used. The center was filled with expoxy and a muffler clamp supports the load. Note how sharp this is.

adg9bp.jpg

Back