LOL...anyone know of an underwater chainsaw???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Quick! Give it another jolt!"

"Charging to 400!"

"Stand Back"

TTHHHZZZWAAAAPPPPP

Well the situation with running 240/220 out to the Compressor location is a single phase 110/120 motor Could use only one side of your 220/240 (same dog different name).
To keep from muddying the water let me clarify that we are talking AC voltage values.
Think of a bicycle crank. One peddle goes TDC when the other peddle is BDC. Now if each peddle has a value of 120 ACV RMS you could say BOTH peddles = 240 Volts RMS. But. They are out of phase. So as far as I know hooking them together would be a bad idea. Touching the Red and Black wires together should blow fire somewhere. However to get 120 volts off each wire separately works. Hook one ,Say red and white on one breaker and say black and white on a different bracket and run shop fan on a separate breaker than another tool. This is theory and I'm not wanting to be liable for damages so don't do it.
I will tell you this. My generator has 220 AC available. I run two 120ac circuits of it and split the load between my AC unit, fridge and hot plate. There is a box painted orange in my living room and one in my bedroom. Those are all 120 ac but they are fed by 240/220 AC off my generator otherwise I'd be using one side of the alternator because its wired for 240.
Another side note. Totally different subject. I study a lot of subjects. At this time I'm learning Spanish. Studying at night. Fun. I already speak American Sign and taught all three of my girls. At 70 my brain is good but my memory ain't what it used to be. Have a great day.
Yes I was essentially going to run 240v out to a mini breaker panel using the hot legs separate for two 115v circuits!

It only takes 1/10th of 1 amp 12vdc to kill. All voltage can be dangerous jfyi.
I thought that sounded insane!
Read your quote.. why do you hate on Stihl?
I use an ms211 stihl right now, I’m looking into getting a lighter saw to climb with.

Back