Lombard Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Mastrorocc

Reaction score
Just curious if anyone cuts with an old Lombard chainsaw??? I have a Super AL 42 with 22" bar that has been restored. I know that it is a very strong running saw. Can anyone compare this saw with another brand of saw of the same size??? (I also have a Stihl O20T chainsaw.)

I am always looking for used Lombard saws and parts. If you know of any internet sites that might specialize in Lombard saws, it would be greatly appreciated. :)

I have a good running Lombard gear drive. It's not very big, about a 16" bar, power products engine. I've got a newer Lombard direct drive. Still a power products engine. Never done anything with this saw, but looks like it would run. One of those projects to get to.
Scott

It's a knockoff of a Homelite XL12, but with a much larger engine (4.2cu, 74cc). Not bad, but parts have been NLA for years.

A little larger than a Stihl 044 but slower. Light for its size, still a good saw if it runs well.

Back