lombard homlite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tony marks

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
ordering something today and while talking to the mechanic
i was telling him about the internet an forums ,ebay etc.
he wanted me to see what i could find out about a homelite
he had in back. it looked similar to an old super xl i once had.
the cord was broke but it was blue in color.told him id see if there was any interest.ive got his shop number ,if anyone is interested. this was a fairly young fella.i think the spelling was lombard or something like that.later now

Howdy,

Lombard was a separate maker of chainsaws, who produced several models that were as near exact copies of the Homelite XL-12 series of the 1960's as you could make. These were very durable saws, and usually can be rebuilt, although parts can be a mix and match situation using old Homelite junkbox parts, as originals are no longer available.

These units had zero safety devices, and should only be used by people who have experience in dealing with kickback hazards, and who never let their left hand thumb get up on top of that handlebar. If you do this, it is only a question of time before your hand is going to slip off of the handle bar and into the top chain, as you loose complete control of the saw. Due to a very solid clutch, and reletively slow chainspeed, these saws have a high kickback energy potential.
They make great farm saws or firewood saws if run by operator's who understand and respect the hazardous potential.

Regards,
Walt Galer

thanks walt ill print your post an give it to this fellow.
hes pretty fair with a wrench but dont know beans about the computers, internet, or saws on ebay etc. thanks again.

just a thought . would i be smart to pick it up.
if i can get it for a song. my only interest would be if there is a possibility it may become valuable in the future as a collectors saw. im not a collector now but i am interested in old saws etc.
everybody gotta be somewhere.later now

Tony, I would most certainly get it. I'm sure it would be well worth your time and money if you fixed it up and sold it on ebay. I swear a pile of dirt would sell on there:D Not saying its junk but anything sells on there with crazy bidders running loose.

thanks pioneer. i would really only be interested if it was a way to own something that might become valuable. its my way of investing money. my stock market if you will. thanks for the advice anyhow. later now

Back