• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold Lone Wolf MS 200t

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look close at my pic, you’ll see a drag saw on the table that is in the process of a mild rebuild. It was manufactured in Here in Calif. back in the 30’s and spent it’s life working locally until a friend brought it to me to get running. I had it operating a few weeks ago but I think the condenser in the buzz coil has failed. Can’t get it to pop since the last time it ran, so now I have to find a fix for that, YouTube is a big help, and I now know how to do it. Those old drag saws were pretty cool, love watching them at our local fair in the late summer, that’s where this one will end up some day. Hit-n-miss engines are also way cool!:cool:

The color

I'm assuming you prefer a nice pure shade of Husky orange?! A few months ago, when our local home center was closing down, I ended up buying a brand new T435 for cheap. I had always wanted a top saw but could never justify the $$. Naturally, I would have preferred a Stihl, as that's what I primarily run for keeping the wood stove properly fed all winter long, but a brand new T435 for $189 made it worth jumping ship! One of these days, I should get my new Husky out of the shed and fire it up; so far I haven't taken the time to even start it! Having never run a Stihl top saw (or, for that mater, any top saw), I'm sure I won't be disappointed with my purchase! Overlooker

I'm assuming you prefer a nice pure shade of Husky orange?! A few months ago, when our local home center was closing down, I ended up buying a brand new T435 for cheap. I had always wanted a top saw but could never justify the $$. Naturally, I would have preferred a Stihl, as that's what I primarily run for keeping the wood stove properly fed all winter long, but a brand new T435 for $189 made it worth jumping ship! One of these days, I should get my new Husky out of the shed and fire it up; so far I haven't taken the time to even start it! Having never run a Stihl top saw (or, for that mater, any top saw), I'm sure I won't be disappointed with my purchase! Overlooker
He does like his Huskys.

Right, I know
Its like Ford's vs Chevy's
My preference is probably b/ c my dad only ever owned Stihls, and that's all I'll ever own(6 of them now)
Only one I am looking for in the future is a 090/ 880 in nice shape for milling bigger than my ported 660 can handle...
All 6 different size saws that I own now.
Think I'll stop at 7 stihls( once the right big saw shows up)

Those are pretty good little saws, be careful not the bust the brake/clutch cover, it will cost you more than half the cost of that little bugger.
He does like his Huskys.
Yes he does :D.
Think I'll stop at 7 stihls( once the right big saw shows up)
Man up stihlhead, you wouldn't want a the husky guys to have more stihls than you :surprised3::laughing:.
Hopefully you get I'm playing :laugh:.

Those are pretty good little saws, be careful not the bust the brake/clutch cover, it will cost you more than half the cost of that little bugger.

Funny you should mention that: I just had to put a new chain brake activation lever on my Stihl 036 a week ago. It might have been due to geo-magnetic forces, or it may have had something to do with a tree falling on the saw...hard to say. $22 and a half hour of my time and she's as good as new, and I hope I'm a little bit wiser, as well! Overlooker

Funny you should mention that: I just had to put a new chain brake activation lever on my Stihl 036 a week ago. It might have been due to geo-magnetic forces, or it may have had something to do with a tree falling on the saw...hard to say. $22 and a half hour of my time and she's as good as new, and I hope I'm a little bit wiser, as well! Overlooker
Whenever you get a tree that you can't afford to have mis the zone, just put a saw where you want it to go lol.

A guy ran my Husky over back in the 70's he said he wasn't paying for it I said he was!
If he was an employee well...
I ripped the landing gear off a semi one time(there was a bit of a story behind it, although ultimately is was my fault), the company said your paying for it the next yr o_O. I said well theres a reason I get 23% of the load, because I'm not taking the risk, if I wanted all the risk I'd be an owner operator. They said well you still need to pay, I said okay, give me the receipt for the work and my damaged parts, never heard anything else:laughing:.

If he was an employee well...
I ripped the landing gear off a semi one time(there was a bit of a story behind it, although ultimately is was my fault), the company said your paying for it the next yr o_O. I said well theres a reason I get 23% of the load, because I'm not taking the risk, if I wanted all the risk I'd be an owner operator. They said well you still need to pay, I said okay, give me the receipt for the work and my damaged parts, never heard anything else:laughing:.
No a sub contractor with a backhoe I hired for the day.

Latest posts

Back