Long shot I know but free

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys would like this but logistics will probably make it impossible to grab it for a splitter build. I have a 17 gal hydraulic tank with site tube and thermometer built in that I would give to any of you for the taking if you can pick it up here at my house. I'm at 12873 zip. I hat to scrap it but I'm tired of tripping over it. It's heavy, 3/4" steel top, 2 hp electric motor with pump in tank. I used the same exact tank on my splitter build.
AX2yQUCl.jpg

upFzYVXm.jpg

There are so many tanks laying around why use some thing heavy that is difficult to work on. Propane tanks that have old valves on them work well. 5 10 gallon are often thrown into metal scrap. Very easy to weld on with a stick welder. Truck air brake tanks and the list goes on and on. Thanks

There are so many tanks laying around why use some thing heavy that is difficult to work on. Propane tanks that have old valves on them work well. 5 10 gallon are often thrown into metal scrap. Very easy to weld on with a stick welder. Truck air brake tanks and the list goes on and on. Thanks

Not too heavy after you unbolt the top, I welded on a 1/8" top in place of the 3/4" top. You just unbolt it (4 allen heads) and off comes the top, motor and pump.
I like having the site tube and temp gauge as well.

I also have a hydraulic tank from my Navigator fork lift for free. I'll post pictures in a few days. 49453 zip
I'm guessing from memory, six to seven gallons. Site glass needs replaced and tank flushed. I replaced a couple hydraulic hoses and when I went to refill the system crud from the breather cap got in the tank, so I replaced it, the tank, rather than chancing anything getting in the system (valves, motors, cylinders, pumps).

Latest posts

Back