LOOKIN' TO HIRE A CLIMBER FOR THE NEW ORLEANS METRO AREA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boj

Just an old bushwacker
Reaction score
Kenner, Louisiana tree service company now accepting resumes and phone interviews for qualified highly skilled high character safety minded tree climbers who can work in a team work atmosphere and present a professional work attitude. This position may include crew foreman responsibilities in the future for the right individual with the right leadership skills and work ethics. Climber with own gear is preferred and must be able to climb proficiently without climbing spurs. Climbers that can only climb with spurs will NOT be considered. Must be able to demonstrate safe climbing skills and techniques and pass a paid on job site tree climbing skills evaluation before full time employment can be offered. Must have a minimum of two years of full time tree climbing experience and current valid drivers license with a clean driving record and be able to drive a standard shift Bucket truck. Must be able to pass drug testing and a criminal background check. If you meet these qualifications and want to work with a legitimate small business with a great business reputation and work atmosphere, please email us your resume or a minimum of your last five years of work history. Please include dates worked for each company, work duties and reason for leaving each company with your contact information. For those candidates that qualify a phone interview will be conducted to be considered for immediate employment. Please note, Must Have Required Experience. Only apply if you meet the above minimum qualifications. For more information about our company go to our website at lookingoodtree.com and Google reviews.

Kenner, Louisiana tree service company now accepting resumes and phone interviews for qualified highly skilled high character safety minded tree climbers who can work in a team work atmosphere and present a professional work attitude. This position may include crew foreman responsibilities in the future for the right individual with the right leadership skills and work ethics. Climber with own gear is preferred and must be able to climb proficiently without climbing spurs. Climbers that can only climb with spurs will NOT be considered. Must be able to demonstrate safe climbing skills and techniques and pass a paid on job site tree climbing skills evaluation before full time employment can be offered. Must have a minimum of two years of full time tree climbing experience and current valid drivers license with a clean driving record and be able to drive a standard shift Bucket truck. Must be able to pass drug testing and a criminal background check. If you meet these qualifications and want to work with a legitimate small business with a great business reputation and work atmosphere, please email us your resume or a minimum of your last five years of work history. Please include dates worked for each company, work duties and reason for leaving each company with your contact information. For those candidates that qualify a phone interview will be conducted to be considered for immediate employment. Please note, Must Have Required Experience. Only apply if you meet the above minimum qualifications. For more information about our company go to our website at lookingoodtree.com and Google reviews.
Ya'll make me lmfao, who in their right mind wants to go through all that bs, I know I wouldn't. It would need to be 100 ph to put up with that. Good luck though but you might list pay low and high as not many climber's worth their weight in loopies will respond to that.

Sorry you feel that way about our requirement for employment. FYI, over the years I have unfortunately unknowingly hired liars, thieves and criminals that call themselves experienced climbers. They will all tell you they can do backflips in trees and whatever else they think you want to hear to get the job but when they get to the first job site they can’t even tie a climbing knot. I recently had one drive off with my main service Truck with my bobcat in tow. Still looking for the bobcat. So what part of my requirements do you think is b’s ? I would think a legitimate qualified guy with nothing to hide would understand the reasons for it and easily pass the test. Are you one of those guy’s ? Thanks for the advice on including the pay scale. It’s open based on skill set and attitude.

Sorry you feel that way about our requirement for employment. FYI, over the years I have unfortunately unknowingly hired liars, thieves and criminals that call themselves experienced climbers. They will all tell you they can do backflips in trees and whatever else they think you want to hear to get the job but when they get to the first job site they can’t even tie a climbing knot. I recently had one drive off with my main service Truck with my bobcat in tow. Still looking for the bobcat. So what part of my requirements do you think is b’s ? I would think a legitimate qualified guy with nothing to hide would understand the reasons for it and easily pass the test. Are you one of those guy’s ? Thanks for the advice on including the pay scale. It’s open based on skill set and attitude.
Point taken and sure I could pass the test, I however climbed since 1983 and supervised men for 20 plus years. I suppose the test is based on more of beginning climbers. I at this time only climb for my own customers and or contract as I have been the employee for long term. I use a wraptor,and or hass presently and other gadgets normally not utilized by most employers. If I'm asked for a test I send pictures as I don't believe in wasting energy at this point in my career. I'm sorry to hear about the bobcat deal I can't stand thieves, anyway good-luck on your endeavor. Finding and keeping quality is the hardest part of the business and most of the issues come down to pay and expectations of both parties :cheers:

Yea, the ad is trying to reach out to the guy's that are at the two plus years of experience skill level. Wasn't trying to insult the more experience and higher skilled climbers. Maybe I should clarify that in the advertisement. You couldn't be more right about finding and keeping quality help. Please pass along my ad to any young guy's you may know that might be closer to what I am looking for. Thank you for any help you can throw my way. Be well and thanks again.

Back