Looking at getting my first big name saw tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Chris moss thats good to hear. I had thought about selling the saw after this playhouse project but not so sure I could let it go now. We have a motocross track in the woods so every storm I'm cutting something out of the way and I just dont think I could go back to the tempermental poulan saws.

Thanks @lostone, the little blue saw has been my go to saw after storms because it always fires up after a fresh tank of fuel. And thanks for the links, it gets hard to find parts on ebay. Someone had another one just like mine on Facebook the other day for $20 and an orange XL for $20 but by the time I seen the post it was gone.

I would hold on to it , even now you see theses saws (029 super) selling for $300 plus on eBay and marketplace , they are famous for being great firewood saws , ever since I have had it , it has had a 18in bar on it, and it has cut everything I have asked it to. I had to just recently but a bigger saw , the 044 since im now getting into cutting down some big trees in my area , that the 029 could not handle with the 18in bar , the 044 can pull a 28 in just fine , anywho , good luck on the build , not only me but im sure a many other would love to see the out come of it , and if you ever do sell that 029 , id be highly interested in it , always wanted a back up for the 029 super

@Chris moss I think I'll hold on to it. I was actually looking at the 440 rancher saws but this one showed up on Craigslist so I ended up with a stihl.
And as far as the playhouse goes it will be a lot of work but I figure it will be worth all the work to watch it played in over the years to come.

Sorry for the break, took a mini vacation to gatlinburg over the past weekend. Lots of cabin ideas now lol but anyhow we are back to playhouse building again. Just ripped one true 6x6 14 ft long post. Decided to free hand the beam over using the beam machine and it actually turned out pretty good. I just screwed a 2x4 to the cedar and held the saw out a couple inches on each side and used the board to help keep me in line.

More progress today. Only having one hour of daylight after I get off work is killing me, only able to rip a few passes before it gets dark. I have a very large surplus of cedar shavings adding up quickly.
I did get my main floor beams cut today. Full 3 1/2 inch by 8 inch by 14 ft of solid red cedar. Figured that should hold a 12x10 platform for the house/porch to sit on.

Might want to put those shavings in little cloth bags and toss them in your clothes drawers...well if you like the smell of cedar.
Great work looks like a fun project that will be very rewarding in the end!

More progress today. Need two 4x4 post cut for the center of the beams and I will be able to get the frame work put together.

Back