Looking at getting my first big name saw tomorrow

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks great I am sure your daughter will remember it the rest of her life and apriate it so its worth the pain.

get some rest hope you have a great Christmas also

Go slow. Getting hurt when your tired and trying to just get one more thing done is not a good thing. Glad your saw you bought is working well for you. A quality saw is worth every penny used or new.

Another update:
I put on the majority of the plywood sheeting Saturday. I had plans to seal and stain it on Sunday but after taking the family out for food Saturday night I was sick with food poisoning Sunday and Monday......
Well it rained a lot Monday and some of the plywood warped a little so I spent this morning straightening what was already on. I did get all the other plywood on, sealed, and stained by the days end.
I started to frame up the trusses as well but need a few more 2x4s to finish.
This has been a crazy amount of work! I am starting to go insane I think... OCD won't let me just throw it together so I'm in it for the long haul now.
Here's some pictures
Ps: the tarps were my quick solution to drying it in before more rain and snow chances this weekend.

You e been busy sir. How’s that 029 super holding up?

Really busy today, gotta take advantage of those days off work.
As for the saw it seems to like the colder weather, it's running and starting better now than it ever has. I think I may need another cedar for the bridge so I will be ripping with it again soon.

Really busy today, gotta take advantage of those days off work.
As for the saw it seems to like the colder weather, it's running and starting better now than it ever has. I think I may need another cedar for the bridge so I will be ripping with it again soon.

It’s getting some good use for sure! Keep it up, it looks good

Big changes from the last update. I have been too busy at work lately to find the time for the playhouse but was able to work on it today.
I put up part of the railing the other evening, It's cattle paneling with 6x6 post in the corners.
Today I finished up the roof framing and put the metal on.
I still need to cut out the other windows and finish the plywood.
Also need to add the staircase.

Picked this slide up off the side of the road yesterday after work that someone was throwing out. Had to put it up when I got home because the little one said she really wanted to slide and I couldn't say no. I will have to level the dirt up a little to bring the bottom up just a bit (sits just right with 6x6's under the bottom). She was setting land speed records before the 6x6's, it was way too steep.

Another productive weekend (this 70 degree weather is quite nice).
I finished up the staircase and the railing so we are all systems go for kiddos on the slide. Our 3 year old made at least a hundred trips up the steps and down the slide.
Also got the other 12x12 section of back porch taken off the house.
Hope all is well in everyone's household during this virus and hope everyone is getting to enjoy this warm weather wherever you might be.
God is good even in the midst of trying times.

Back