Looking for a cheap saw? $112 Husqvarna 435

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbrick

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
A buddy of mine was looking for a project for his first saw. I was looking and came across this and thought how bad can it really be, and he wants something to wrench on... and the parts for this saw (like a P&C) are crazy cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HUSQVARNA-...red-Chain-Saw-Chainsaw-For-Parts/123832376367

Saw shows up a week later, in a Husky refurb box with manual, paperwork, Husqvarna 16" bar, scrench.

Looks almost new, other than a few scuffs on the bottom. Has a little bar oil residue in the correct reservoir.
Came with a new 16" narrow kerf bar, but no chain (oh well). I sent him the link for a 95TXL066G narrow kerf chain.

Puts some premix in it, fires right up and runs great. Tag says it is a 2011 (and is pre flippy cap) but must have been a store demo saw or a return or something, no idea where these might come from...

I saw the thread around here for the new 130 for $199 and it looks very nice but is maybe a slightly lower budget saw?

Just thought I would pass it along incase anyone is interested.

Unknown.jpg

I had a coworker looking for a $100ish saw yesterday. I’ll have to pass this along. Maybe he will get lucky too

Wow you got lucky.
I find it's hard to beat the joncutter 5800 in the bang for your buck category, it's 109 bucks but you need a bar/chain to go with it. The catch is it runs like a 300 dollar 50cc saw not a 35-40cc cheapy homeowner saw.

Advertised as "not running" and "parts only".... hmm, i feel like that description is sometimes used by sellers as a way to protect themselves.

I wish i needed a 35cc saw

I agree, it seems like they just don't know the condition, and it hasn't been run over by a truck but it protects them from any gummed up carbs or small issues. Kind of what I was hoping for.

Back