Looking for a Ford 444 Diesel wiring diagram.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skip2753

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
This engine is in a 1984 Morbark Eeger Beever chipper. I have the operator manual for the chipper but not the engine.

I have been repairing the chipper and did have it running but the wiring is pretty tough and the other day I couldn’t start it at all. Completely dead as if I didn’t have a battery on it.

A wiring diagram would really help solve this for me. It has a key switch and a separate push button to start and there is another push button beside the starter but I’m not sure what it is supposed to do but doesn’t appear to do anything at all now.

any insight is appreciated.

The 2nd pushbutton is most likely for your glow plugs. Turn ignition on and hold glow plugs for 8 to10 seconds then engage starter.

Hey thanks for the idea and I will double check but I don't think this machine has glow plugs.

I have done a little more research and I *think* this button is a bypass for a low-oil-pressure/high-temp circuit that kills power to a fuel solenoid valve to shut down the machine if either condition occurs. If that is it's true purpose then, why I have been able to start the machine without holding it in is another mystery.

I think you are correct. We had a Ford 6610 tractor with that engine in it but thinking back it had an optional intake heater not glow plugs. Wish I could be of more help.

yup on both!
intake air heater and glow was used on the 1970-1990's fords..
and yes it may start with out hitting the glow button...
at least if it is warm enough out or if you have a block heater.

sure helps the starting if it is below 40 deg F out to hit the glow plugs or intake air heater.

most older diesels are basic on the wiring. and is pretty simple to make a new harness.
at least for an electronics guy..

lol if it was here in the shop it is what I do!!

any new Holland tractor dealer should have something close for you at least on the engine side.
that will cover the alt, temp and oil senders and the engine fuel shut off if yours is electric on your unit.
the start is basic harness. and the glow and or the intake heater is basic as well.

Back