• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a new chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The manual says 13 Lbs without bar and chain. its a tad heavy, but not that bad. I used it for an hour and wasn't that fatigued. (Although I am just starting to walk as I broke my ankle in February, so I was not keeping up regardless,:buttkick:):chainsaw:
Yea my 372 is like 13.4 or so. I think its about right. I think it looks like a stihlsqvarna though :laugh:

I just read my last post and I think YOUR new saw looks like a stihlsqvarna! Not my sweet little 372.... Just thought I'd clear that up:happybanana:

I prefer a bigger, heavier saw for bucking. It's a lot less work than trying to push a smaller saw through a cut, even with a good chain. I've been known to throw a 20" bar on my Dolmar 9010 and cut all day with it if I'm just bucking firewood. Just set the saw on it and let her run, no pushing the saw through the cut.
Think you made a good choice though, you get a good mid range saw with a mid weight. Hope you enjoy it.

I used it yesterday to buck maybe 5 cord. I found a huge honey pot of free wood. Blown over in Hurricane Sandy. I have to agree with you now. After about 5 hours, just lifting the saw was getting to be a chore, but the weight made cuts easier. I forgot to take a vid. Ill bring camera next time. Most of the stuff we cut was 16-18". We need to clear this to get to the large stuff.

Latest posts

Back