looking for a new harness! Help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using my treemoiton for a while and love it. I let one of my climbers use it last week who has been climbing for a while and he said "it is the nicest saddle he has ever used or seen". Spend the extra money, then you won't be wishing you had when you're twisted around hanging up in a tree.

Deberly12,
That harness just looks painful.
I like it. I prefer the leather. I guess I am old school. I have used some saddles that game me bruises after 10 min. But I don't climb very often and not in the tree very long. If I was all day everyday it may not be as nice

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Oh I see...I forgot they made them in that style. Mine has individual wide leg straps with no but strap. Looks like this.
de84aad0bca8126003ee13d2e4f16db6.gif

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk
Looks like a device for torture! I love my T.M!!!

Sent from my SM-G389F using Tapatalk

I can't give enough praise to my BUCKINGHAM REBELLION !!!
I upgraded from a weaver wide backed saddle wth leather leg loops( another torture device)

The difference is beyond night and day. The only bing I don't like about it is that the Velcro on the leg loops isn't long enough for me, but like most climbers I'm a smaller guy ( 5'10" 140 pounds)
For $300 you get so many features of a $500 tree motion.
Go for the rebellion, you won't regret it. The only other saddle I would ever consider would be the tree motion or treemotion light($380)

I know the post is almost 2 years old but had a question about your harness. Are there loops in the webbing on the side and back to add carabiners and a chainsaw tool hook?

I know the post is almost 2 years old but had a question about your harness. Are there loops in the webbing on the side and back to add carabiners and a chainsaw tool hook?
the pictures on treestuff are very accurate. If I remember correctly I think there’s several. But don’t quote me

I have been using my treemoiton for a while and love it. I let one of my climbers use it last week who has been climbing for a while and he said "it is the nicest saddle he has ever used or seen". Spend the extra money, then you won't be wishing you had when you're twisted around hanging up in a tree.

Plus 1 on that. Fit a swivel 3 hole pulley on the bridge and joy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello all. I'm in the same boat here, looking to get a new saddle to replace my old faithful ba!!buster, the 4D Wideback Weaver. I've been climbing on it for close to 6 years now, and I feel like I've outgrown it. I end up with bruises every time I climb now.
I'm trying to decide between the Courant Koala, or the Notch Sentinel.
I'm just about sold on the Koala, but I'm not real hot on the way the leg-bridge connection is sewn. Just seems weak. I love everything else about it, especially the ability to use the bosun seat.
The Sentinel has a lot going for it too, but I don't really care for the buckles.
Can anyone chime in on how the fit is? I'm 6'0", 36" waist, 26" thighs. I'm particularly interested in where the side Ds fall in relation to hips.

Thanks!

Rigging plates allow for more places to tie in, using your lanyard there instead of d's can be more comfortable in some situations. They also allow for the rope bridge to be changed cheaply and easily, which in turn means you will be more likely to change it more often.

I ended up with an onyx. It was between the rebellion and the onyx for me. If you're strict to the $300 budget I don't think you can go wrong with the rebellion, although I have never even seen one in person.
I don't see how the rings aren't superior to rigging plates. You can snap a bunch of carabiners onto rings. Rigging plates have a few extra holes.

Or you could just have rigging plates from the get go.
Petzl uses the rings because they want you to buy their sewn eye bridges that cost 10x what a length of cordage with stopper knots does.

Or you could just have rigging plates from the get go.
Petzl uses the rings because they want you to buy their sewn eye bridges that cost 10x what a length of cordage with stopper knots does.
Meh, I don't think it's any better than tying a length of cordage with scaffold knots on both ends to cinch on the rings.

Sure there are other harness manufacturers that do the sewn cordage or webbing bridge, not saying it doesn't work, it's just more expensive to replace, therefore most folks are less likely to replace them as often.
Scaffold knots work too, I think a well dressed and set anchor bend is preferable on a ring. I'd still choose rig plates any day when buying a new saddle.

I got a like new tree motion for sale for $400

Attachments

• 20180317_084210.jpg
    20180317_084210.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 14
Back