• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Looking for a top handle saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coldiron

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a decent top handle saw. Prefer Stihl it would get used a lot as I do tree work and am starting to climb on my own instead of for others and using their saws. I've been using an echo but don't care for it. I would like to keep it under 200 cash if I can. I do have a husky 272xp with 18" bar that I would be willing to trade for a good top handle if any one is interested.

I'm looking to get a decent top handle saw. Prefer Stihl it would get used a lot as I do tree work and am starting to climb on my own instead of for others and using their saws. I've been using an echo but don't care for it. I would like to keep it under 200 cash if I can. I do have a husky 272xp with 18" bar that I would be willing to trade for a good top handle if any one is interested.

Reply wasn't working last night...
I do have a pair of Stihl 192's. Both run very well. #1 is nice cosmetically for used, I want to keep 1 or the other and if I sold it would want $250 + the ride.
#2 I believe runs and performs just as well. Most the plastics still look pretty decent, but it has more scratches and a bit of a dirty look if I remember right. I need to check to confirm cracks, I think the clutch cover has some , but it isn't real bad. The starter rope is stihl in tact but looks like about to break. I have started and used it like this several times, but would replace it before any serious work. $200 + the ride for it.
Both have lightly used 12" bar and chains. I probably have a used chain around I could throw in that needs sharpened.

Do you have pics? Looks don't really matter so long as it's reliable and starts easy and cuts well.

This is #1 for $250, I haven't took pics of 2 but will aim to tonight.

Attachments

• DSCN3218.JPG
    DSCN3218.JPG
    179.1 KB · Views: 28
  • DSCN3219.JPG
    DSCN3219.JPG
    183.1 KB · Views: 29
  • DSCN3220.JPG
    DSCN3220.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN3221.JPG
    DSCN3221.JPG