• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Looking for an 036 or larger turn key saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giannid

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I purchased a large piece of property and need a good running saw that is turn key. I'm on the fence about buying a used saw but if someone offers up something that's turn key, I'd be interested. Not looking for something with a bunch of aftermarket parts that's just put together for a profit. Also, if it looks beat I'm not interested. Would prefer something with original paint. Let me know what you have. Prefer a PM. Thanks

I purchased a large piece of property and need a good running saw that is turn key. I'm on the fence about buying a used saw but if someone offers up something that's turn key, I'd be interested. Not looking for something with a bunch of aftermarket parts that's just put together for a profit. Also, if it looks beat I'm not interested. Would prefer something with original paint. Let me know what you have. Prefer a PM. Thanks
Just posted a Stihl 038 Mag in good shape.
NW Pa.

All depends. Let me know what you got. Most importantly I'm looking for something that's not beat and is turn key.
I'm possibly considering selling an extra MS462C, it was ran for 5 minutes, and has been parked since. Probably be $1000 shipped PHO, $1100 with the new 20" ES Light and RS chain, $1200 with the 28" ES Light and RSF chain, and $1295 all. PM me if you're interested.

I've got an MS360 that looks rough, but I've been completely thru it. I was in a phase to build a "sleeper" saw that was built from the ugliest parts I had in my saw parts stash. I split the cases, and went thru every single part. New parts (only used new OEM parts, nothing aftermarket on the entire saw except Meteor top end): OEM crank bearings, all new gaskets and seals, new impulse line, new fuel and oil caps, new carb boot, new fuel line and filter, new tank vent, new pull rope and handle, new clutch springs, new carb kit (walbro), new Meteor piston and cylinder and modded the muffler. Runs fantastic with the muffler mod and oils well. I can get more pics if you think you might be interested. 2019012795154150.jpg2019012795154156.jpg

Tank looks rough, but no leaks, does what it's supposed to. Forgot to mention top plastics are a mismatch of stuff I had on the shelf. Cylinder cover is a metal tag "036", but filter cover is from a 360, and tank is a 360 obviously (flippy caps). Uses a newer style filter with the compensator port or snorkle

Back