• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Looking for do all farm saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh totally didn't notice you're in MD.. if you're near Frederick anytime, message me and you can come over and run a 395 and a 372... just to get a feel if you want. Havea couple 346 here as well...

Hey all, thanks for all the info. I was just told my mother bought me a saw for fathers day. which is super nice of her, just dont know what she got yet.. hopefully i dont have to take it back lol... still cant beleive she spent that much money on me for fathers day.

ill report back and let you all know what i got

A strong 60cc saw with a 20" bar will do most everything you need. Might be slower in the big wood but will be much easier on your body in the long run. Buying new take a look at echo 620, jonsered 2260, husky 562, dolmar 6100/6400, stihl 362. Those are all in your stated budget and will handle a 20" bar nicely with occasional use of a 24" bar.

If your looking at used buy the biggest/nicest saw that $450 will buy(70cc+). Take the rest of your budget and buy a 40cc saw to limb with.

There is my 2 cents for what it's worth
See Nate and get a dolmar for best service and best price

well i just got the call from a stihl dealer. my sweet mom ordered me a new 362 C-MQ. I know it was super expensive new and may not be powerfull enough esescially since she ordered it with a 25" bar; but i cant complain, never look the gift horse in the mouth right. what do you guys think? think ill use it and see and if i need to get another bigger saw Ill get a used 70+ CC on the board.

sound like a plausible game plan or should i not pick it up and save mom the money?

well i just got the call from a stihl dealer. my sweet mom ordered me a new 362 C-MQ. I know it was super expensive new and may not be powerfull enough esescially since she ordered it with a 25" bar; but i cant complain, never look the gift horse in the mouth right. what do you guys think? think ill use it and see and if i need to get another bigger saw Ill get a used 70+ CC on the board.

sound like a plausible game plan or should i not pick it up and save mom the money?
i would avoid the Q. If you can change the order to a 362CM instead of the CMQ you will save some money. The Q is just an added complexity and cost to the saw. Other than that i would run it and be happy. If you find that it doesnt have enough power to suit you have 2 options...switch to a 20" bar or switch to skip chain on the 25". With getting a new 362(60cc) saw i would skip the 70cc saws and look for something 80cc. 70cc saws are too close in power to a 60cc saw and an 80cc saw will add a significant amount of power while only adding a little bit of weight over the 70cc saws. 046, 460, 461, 7900/7910

THANKS everyone, yeah im yelling thank you lol...

i got the unit and will try it out... if need bigger ill get the biggest saw i can afford... used from the board of course...

only non ethanol gas i can find is race gas... is this ok for the saw? and also should i use the synthetic oil? stihl ultra or the like?

muffler mod it?

i would avoid the Q. If you can change the order to a 362CM instead of the CMQ you will save some money. The Q is just an added complexity and cost to the saw. Other than that i would run it and be happy. If you find that it doesnt have enough power to suit you have 2 options...switch to a 20" bar or switch to skip chain on the 25". With getting a new 362(60cc) saw i would skip the 70cc saws and look for something 80cc. 70cc saws are too close in power to a 60cc saw and an 80cc saw will add a significant amount of power while only adding a little bit of weight over the 70cc saws. 046, 460, 461, 7900/7910
That's exactly what I done . Bought a new MS362C and acquired a ms460 on here . Not to mention a 028 super for limbing. Great combo to cut about anything here on the east coast .

Congrats, that is a very nice saw and yes you have a great mom, I was guessing you were going to get an Echo timberfwolf, still a nice saw but cheaper.

You probably won't be able to use the saw and then return it for another, considering that you have many logs over 30" and are stout enough to carry heavy loads around Afghan you could:
1) Ask if you could have a credit and get a larger saw, etiher 441 or ask if they still have the $100 off the 461 and see if can get even more discount with cash discount (this is what I would do as long as vibes don't matter.
2) Then you can get a cheap saw down the road for small limbing, even a husq 350 or stihl /025/250/026 can be had for 100 bucks if you wait for a deal.

Good luck Man!

Personally I think the 362 will deal with anything he encounters. Keeping in mind that even on a large tree, most of it is limbs and branches and the stem may take only a dozen or so bucking cuts to get it to firewood size. Many people overestimate their saw needs. Think axe and cross cut saw and any chain saw starts to look pretty sweet.

I think that's plenty of saw as well. My starter saw was a 261 with an 18" bar. That can handle almost anything I put in front of it especially if you get a 20" or 22" bar on it. So the 362 should be plenty of saw.

My second saw was a ms441 and that thing was def a beast. Handled 30" diameter oaks without a problem.

Good luck avoiding wanting to go bigger and bigger :chainsaw: I currently have an 076 sitting in my office now lol.

hey guys, saw came with a 25" bar and worked just fine on 30" poplars, I fell 3 with it no problem and also got a little 16" for the little stuff.. been working great..

Congratulations on a nice gift. I just got an MS362 with 25" bar and immediately put a 20" on it. BTW, thank you for your service.

Latest posts

Back