Looking for Info and Advice on MS361 and MS362 Felling Dawgs

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

logeeland

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
So I have the part #'s for the stock inner and outer felling dawg upgrades from Stihl for those 2 saws. Luckily they are the same part #'s. # 1135 664 0501 and # 1135 664 0500. I would like to stay stock for these to saws. Going much bigger would suck up too much bar on a 20" My local Stihl dealer ordered me a chain catcher kit. My issue is that Stihl is charging $50 for the 2 spikes. Is there an aftermarket kkit out there that is low profile like the Stihl set? Or does anyone have a used set they would like to sell or even a new set they would sell?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff the dogs are about 10.00 a pop chain catcher is 6.00 .. I think perhaps your dealer is trying to make a quick buck.

They are selling the catcher for $8. He turned the screen and it showed the price. I will double check with them again when I pick up other parts. Any Stihl dealers out there who will sell the 2 dawgs to me?

I would call with those part numbers. But I agree maybe someone local can help you out? There is also a complete kit as well. I will check and post a part number for you later. spikes catcher and all the bits and bobs to mount.

I have the IPL and the part numbers. They don't list a complete kit. The chain catcher is one # and the dawgs are 2 more numbers. But, if you have a complete kit number that would be great. I have not found a one specific number.

10604617_10152377149202304_7522586064273923913_o.jpg

I put these dogs on my 361. Love em but have to be careful not to impale myself. Plenty of options for sale on eBay

eBay has a lot of stuff from Hong Kong or ones like yours. I like them on my 441 but they eat up almost 2 inches on a 20" bar on my 361 and 362.

So I have the part #'s for the stock inner and outer felling dawg upgrades from Stihl for those 2 saws. Luckily they are the same part #'s. # 1135 664 0501 and # 1135 664 0500. I would like to stay stock for these to saws. Going much bigger would suck up too much bar on a 20" My local Stihl dealer ordered me a chain catcher kit. My issue is that Stihl is charging $50 for the 2 spikes. Is there an aftermarket kkit out there that is low profile like the Stihl set? Or does anyone have a used set they would like to sell or even a new set they would sell?

Thanks,

Jeff

I'm with you. I'm on the East Coast and don't need such large spikes I see everywhere. Honestly, even Stihl's is too big. I just want the size of the single inner dog, on the out outside. But I can't find anything like that. Anyone have any solutions/options for a MS361?

Back