Looking for information for a Didier Hydra Splitter, a parts manual would be awesome? Hydraulic oil

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pauldo55

Reaction score
I have a old Didier MFG. Hydra Splitter, Im hoping to find a Parts manual & information for Hydraulic oil .

Any help would be appreciated, and no I dont want to sell it !!!!

Please reference Didier info or Hydra Splitter in a e-mail

Thank you,Thank you,

Email ; [email protected]

Welcome to AS. The Didier splitters have not been made in over 30 years so factory parts are no longer available. The engine and hydraulic components are standard off the shelf units except the cylinder which still can be repaired or replaced with a standard unit with minor modification.
I'm sure Shari (Wife n hubby) will be along shortly to provide a manual.

The search function for Didier splitters will give you plenty of reading.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/search/425985/?q=Didier&o=date

I have a old Didier MFG. Hydra Splitter, Im hoping to find a Parts manual & information for Hydraulic oil .

Any help would be appreciated, and no I dont want to sell it !!!!

Please reference Didier info or Hydra Splitter in a e-mail

Thank you,Thank you,

Email ; [email protected]
Welcome to AS. The Didier splitters have not been made in over 30 years so factory parts are no longer available. The engine and hydraulic components are standard off the shelf units except the cylinder which still can be repaired or replaced with a standard unit with minor modification.
I'm sure Shari (Wife n hubby) will be along shortly to provide a manual.

The search function for Didier splitters will give you plenty of reading.
http://www.arboristsite.com/community/search/425985/?q=Didier&o=date

Thank you, I have already learned alot from this website & the kind people on here ..... Knowledge & learning are a Great thing .............. !

Thank you very, very much , how is the modifications to your splitter working for you ? Any thing you might do different ? Thank you for the pictures of them, cant wait to show my wife !

Thank you very, very much , how is the modifications to your splitter working for you ? Any thing you might do different ? Thank you for the pictures of them, cant wait to show my wife !

After extensive 'field use' :))) a couple of plates were added to the lift so smaller rounds didn't fall through the lift before splitting. A couple of hollow tubes near the wedge had to be closed off because they were accumulating wood debri. After a couple of years use the table needed a slight remodel, a couple of cross braces underneath it, to get rid of a slight vibration noise when in use. Other than those minor tweeks it's been a good design and I would never go back!

Could anyone tell me how to trouble shoot my auto return not working on my DiD it model mf. Code 10E

Well I see no one knows about auto return. Hmmmm. Well I will look into this.... Keep you posted Shari!

If by auto return you are referring to the detent on the return stroke. Some valves are equipped with a adjustment screw while most others are factory set. The detent usually consist of one or more spring loaded steel balls that ride in and out of a shallow groove in the end of the spool. Problems can start when the groove gets worn , a ball flat spots , the spring gets weak or broken.
The first thing to try is remove the valve handle and rotate the spool 1/2 turn , reconnect the handle this will . This allows the ball to move in a new area that isn't worn.

When I saying auto return. I am referring to if you hit the the handle for ram to retract.... Do these splitters automatically retract without holding the handle ? Or was that an option that some have and some don't ?

[QUOTE="JamesG, post: 4963204, member: 124814"
'........]these splitters automatically retract without holding the handle...."""""" [/QUOTE]

Tap it back and it should retract w/o holding the handle.

Mine used to work well, now it's getting lazy. I'll try what Triptester suggests.

Yea. Mine doesn't work at all. I will look at it this week Shari thanks.

Please add me to the list for the Didier information. We are repairing one right now for Haycreek Valley Historical Assn.
Really looking for the correct hydraulic oil to use. Great informative website you have here!

Back