Looking for ISBN number for book

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deere John

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I want to add to my library and I have heard of a book by Sharon Lilly titled " Tree Climber's Guide".

My local bookstore can't seem to find it without the books ISBN number - can anyone supply it for me - thanks

Hi John-
ISBN 1 881956-08-3 is the # in mine printed in 1994.It covers the basics pretty well and the workbook section is good as a self-test but at least in mine being 7 years old a lot of the newer techniques aren't covered. For instance they don't go any farther than the tautline hitch. I haven't tied one since I learned the Blake's hitch and now will use the french prusik over the Blake's 99% of the time.A book I wouldn't even look at a tree wihtout is the second edition of Jeff Jepson's The Tree Climber's Companion.(ISBN 0-615-11290-0)If you don't already have it I can't recommend it strongly enough! It's a real "must have"

I may Darin - thanks - I didn't get to the bookstore last night - my hound fell asleep, turned into a warm, fuzzy puddle and wouldn't get into the truck. He's getting grump in his old age.

Back