Looking for large mount bar 42" 3/8 .063

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dls

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Looking for large mount bar 42" 3/8 .063. So far I've bought 4 bars on eBay the people claimed were large mount that fit Stihl 070/076/084/088/ 090/ and MS880. Everyone of them has been the small slot for the smaller saws. Getting VERY frustrated. My 36" bar is too small milling and need a longer one. Stihl dealer tells me they can only get a .404/063 in 41". An inch either way makes no difference to me but I don't want to mill with a .4o4. I don't want to blow $250 for a bar and not into this bit everyone keeps telling me to redrill the holes and cut the slot bigger (Forester dealer guy told me that).

How do I find what roller tips can interchange to change to a 3/8ths? Been down that road and the dealers seem to have no knowledge.Tell me 404 is all that is shown in the catalog. Actually, the page did not show any of the saws ending in 4. 066, 088, MS880. 066 of course is the small mount. I have no pattern or schematics to hack the small mount to fit and what really ticks me off is I could buy brand new small mounts bars much less than I paid for these used bars that were to be large mount but not. I have a lot of NEW unused 3/8" 135 driver ripper chains, just need a bar.

How do I find what roller tips can interchange to change to a 3/8ths? Been down that road and the dealers seem to have no knowledge.Tell me 404 is all that is shown in the catalog. Actually, the page did not show any of the saws ending in 4. 066, 088, MS880. 066 of course is the small mount. I have no pattern or schematics to hack the small mount to fit and what really ticks me off is I could buy brand new small mounts bars much less than I paid for these used bars that were to be large mount but not. I have a lot of NEW unused 3/8" 135 driver ripper chains, just need a bar.

@redbull660 might have a part number for you. A dealer should be able to help also, but I get that they're not always the greatest. You could call a place like Madsen's in Centralia WA and ask them for help too. They know their stuff. As far as swapping tips and having the driver link count come out exact, that might be wishful thinking.

stihl 41" large mount bar (3002 = large mt) - 3002 000 9757 these come with a wide tip 404 tip. list price 107 dlr somewhere around 80. (good luck getting one for that they sell at a premium)

to convert 3/8th you need a wide tip 3/8 - 3003 650 2539 list price is $37. dealer would be somewhere around 26.

cannon large mount would be S2 (NOT s1) - ck ebay. you could ask the seller (piltz) how much to change the tip for you. A oregon 3/8th tip will work...just a single rivet. pretty easy. cannon is top shelf...but not cheap.

The 135DL chains you have should work with either the stihl or cannon bar converted to 3/8. You may have to put the chain on the sprocket then end of bar and then mount the bar.

stihl 41" large mount bar (3002 = large mt) - 3002 000 9757 these come with a wide tip 404 tip. list price 107 dlr somewhere around 80. (good luck getting one for that they sell at a premium)

to convert 3/8th you need a wide tip 3/8 - 3003 650 2539 list price is $37. dealer would be somewhere around 26.

cannon large mount would be S2 (NOT s1) - ck ebay. you could ask the seller (piltz) how much to change the tip for you. A oregon 3/8th tip will work...just a single rivet. pretty easy. cannon is top shelf...but not cheap.

The 135DL chains you have should work with either the stihl or cannon bar converted to 3/8. You may have to put the chain on the sprocket then end of bar and then mount the bar.

Thank you Redbull. Called dealer and they can order both. Combined $125. Seems reasonable. Wonder how they can find things when you give an actual part number. Now to raise the cash and try to unload $400 in bars that don't fit. Cheers. d

Latest posts

Back