Looking For Starter Older Whisper Chipper

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnunn84

Reaction score
8341AA98-3EF6-4E5A-85F2-8A53A7D91687.jpegDoes anyone know what starter would fit here? It’s an older Whisper Chipper, JEY model from what I can barely make out on an old tag, 70’s I’m assuming. I turned the old one in for a core charge for a new starter and the new one wouldn’t fit.

What engine is on your chipper? Mine has the inline 6 ford 300 4.9l engine. 70s-80s Broncos and f150s came with these engines. That's how I have sourced parts and obviously you wanna keep old parts for matching up. You can always take the core back later for the cash. But you really should have just got the original rebuilt cuz I done same thing as you, got core cash back for it and the new starter I got fits but is made out of the cheapest looking metal. My old one weighed more then new one so it was obviously made with actual steel and not junk. But if your chipper has 6 spark plugs it's probably the ford 300 engine. If it's a v8 idk....

Yea the old one weighed a ton. The original owner swapped the engine out and it now has an old Chrysler slant six. I’ll give the Bronco and F150s a look. Thanks for the reply!

Yea the old one weighed a ton. The original owner swapped the engine out and it now has an old Chrysler slant six. I’ll give the Bronco and F150s a look. Thanks for the reply!
I'm rebuilding a slant six that came out of a chipper. Got my starter at Advance auto.

Those old 225 cu in slant sixes were bullet proof engines. Made from 1960 - 83 if my memory of them serves me right. We used them for many purposes after the vehicle rusted away in 5 -7 years on our roads. Fishing boats and milling gear, planers, resaws and off road contraptions/ gitneys etc. I also believe any Chrysler starter from a 6, small block 8 or even big block 8 should fit, these were gear reduction type starters.

I'm rebuilding a slant six that came out of a chipper. Got my starter at Advance auto.
View attachment 882326Does anyone know what starter would fit here? It’s an older Whisper Chipper, JEY model from what I can barely make out on an old tag, 70’s I’m assuming. I turned the old one in for a core charge for a new starter and the new one wouldn’t fit.
Go to Google and look uo Chrysler slant 6 industrial engine wiring diagram and their are quite a few diagrams. I'm rebuilding a engine like yours Chrysler 235 slant six. I took it apart 6 yeasrs and can't find all the parts. Could you e-mail a few detailed pictures of front motor mounts. [email protected] Thanks
Steve Falmouth, me

Latest posts

Back