Looking for Stihl 009 Oil pump parts (like many before me).... any help??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colty Bolty

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello all. I know I'm not the first to ask and I won't be the last!! Have a Stihl 009L saw that is not oiling. Ive taken apart the oil pump and looks ok but im guessing the diaphragm is shot. Looking to replace the diaphragm, spring, and filter. If anyone has a line on these or have one sitting on a shelf please message me. Will overpay... really want to keep this saw going.... was my grandfathers

Here are the part numbers
Diaphragm 1120 640 3100
spring 0000 997 0610
filter kit 1120 640 1300

Thanks in advance

Hi I have a 011 and I’m looking for the same parts. If anyone still has them please let me know. I would very much appreciate it! Thanks

So. I ran across a 011 AVT at the town dump and grabbed it- thinking carb kit, fuel lines, free saw. Then I realized the bar wasn't getting oiled. Then I found out why. Then I tried to find a rebuild kit or a diaphragm. Then I decided to not give up, and being a Handy Mother$%^&er decided to repair the diaphragm.

My diaphragm was not torn- the nitrile/butyl/rubber (whatever it is) had dried up and caked off the nylon weave. Daylight right through it. I carefully split the center cups/pump needle apart, used high oil resistant black RTV to re-impregnate the diaphragm material by smearing it on, then sandwiching the diaphragm between parchment paper and 2 ceramic floor tiles (dead flat) before pressing the whole thing down with 40lbs of car battery. Let it set for 24 hours, trimmed the excess 'squeeze' off the sides and holes, reassembled and re-staked the middle metal parts, and put it back in the saw.

I've only got 2 days, and maybe 1/2 cord worth of wood through the saw so far, and I really question how far the RTV will last, but this at least tells me that it can be done. And more to the point, you can buy that diaphragm material by the foot- and make your own 'new' pump rebuild kit.

Take that old Stihl off the scrap pile!

Back