• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade Looking to find 084 bits

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madhatte

It's The Water
Staff member
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Looking for the following for a Stihl 084:

full- or 3/4 wrap handle
dawgs
HD air filter base

haven't looked up parts cross-reference from IPL for 088/MS880 yet, likely there's a lot of crossover

have lots to trade, ask and I may have it, elsewise I'm happy to pay going price

Looking for the following for a Stihl 084:

full- or 3/4 wrap handle
dawgs
HD air filter base

haven't looked up parts cross-reference from IPL for 088/MS880 yet, likely there's a lot of crossover

have lots to trade, ask and I may have it, elsewise I'm happy to pay going price

The dawgs will interchange. The 088 wrap handle and filter base will not work. The 084 is physically shorter than an 088 and the wrap handle will have too much clearance between top of saw and handle. I've tried an 084 half wrap on an 088 is how I know.

The dawgs will interchange. The 088 wrap handle and filter base will not work. The 084 is physically shorter than an 088 and the wrap handle will have too much clearance between top of saw and handle. I've tried an 084 half wrap on an 088 is how I know.

Excellent information, thank you.

Back