Lookout, the BLUE MAX is here!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anybody see the Powerhorse saws in the new northern tool catalog? They look about on par with the blue max crap.

Take a look at this picture, notice anything?

attachment.php
I saw that Powerhorse in a northern catalog and the biggest one of them all the 45cc one was sporting a 20" bar with 3/8 chain:jawdrop:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Chainsaw-18...6:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:0|293:40|294:50

I found this Blue Max this morning on E- Bay. Selling for over 1300.00. Not knowing a thing about them, and assuming that they are crap and should sell for around 200 dollars I went googling. Found them for around 130.00 all over.

It's kind of funny but pretty sick that E- Bay lets people run scams like this, especially from a long time ( junk ) dealer on there.

Knowing E- Bay I can't say that I am actually very surprised...

Blue Max

Same ad I saw awhile ago.If you look close it is for a lot of 10 of those bad boys:jawdrop:I guess thats how you have to buy such a high performance saw:chainsaw:

Ah yes, he is holding onto the chain brake while he is cutting. Why?

I bet the guy has never run a chainsaw and thought it engaged the chain, kinda like the lever on a lawn mower that engages the blade. :hmm3grin2orange:

I thought 1800W= 1.21 jiga-watts. :rockn:

"The only thing that'll produce that kind of power is a bolt of lightning."

Get it?

"I'm sure in 1985 you can pick up plutonium in any corner drug store but in 1955 it's a little hard to come by."

That's probably not quite right but close. :cheers:

Just another Chinese knock-off, the internals are probably copied from a legitimate saw but all possible corners cut. Casting is probably terrible, bore uncoated, no parts available, have to buy another one for that.

parts availability? isn't that why they are sold in lots of 10
reminds me of the surplus jeeps and motocycles that were advertised in popular science and mechanics back in the 60's, buy a bunch cheap maybe you get enough parts to get one running

Yup, they're selling these at Menards, right next to the Efcos...

What a pile of chinese garbage. I think the Stihl battery operated toy chainsaw is built better than this thing. Not to mention, it's ugly as hell!

They don't look very good, but for the tightwads that only look at price...

Or the idjits that cant or won't care for equipment...

Re Efco saws at box stores, I laugh. Menards doesn;t stock much of the line, and the dealer in the same town as the Menards store nearest me can easily undersell. Northern Tool is even higher...Loacl Husky dealer undersells them.

Do the big guys make box stores agree to a MSR price point?

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Chainsaw-18...6:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:0|293:40|294:50

I found this Blue Max this morning on E- Bay. Selling for over 1300.00. Not knowing a thing about them, and assuming that they are crap and should sell for around 200 dollars I went googling. Found them for around 130.00 all over.

It's kind of funny but pretty sick that E- Bay lets people run scams like this, especially from a long time ( junk ) dealer on there.

Knowing E- Bay I can't say that I am actually very surprised...

If memory serves, it is a junky 52cc saw, with barely over 2hp.......:biggrinbounce2::laugh::laugh::ices_rofl::ices_rofl:

My first thought was that saw looks similar to the Powerhouse sold in the Northern tool catalog, probably just under a different name. More than likely a POS just like those Efco saws that Northern sells.....nobody has heard of them.

Efco do some good stuff for the price.

Chinese will too.

Japanese motorcycles got riddiculed and laughed at in the 60's, but look at em now.

Back