los vegas wood?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeMoTony

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
My family, SIL daughter, granbabies are moving there.Is there any woods/forests kinda close forme to play in once in a while? Had a young man stop by my place earlier. He wanted to buy my antique VW bus for 34% of my ask but while he was there, looked around and asked about the property. 5 acres are seperate enough for privacy that he is looking for.He also asked about "do you sell any of these slabs?" Moving to Vegas then became more possible but may be not more likely even if I sell all the too expensive to take stuff. So crew, does anyone know about any place with 2 1/2 foot dia. or larger diameter trees with in reasonable from Vegas? I like where I am,just made final payment 5 months ago, and have tree services to call about logs. Any advice ?

It depends on what you want. The San Bernardino mountains are less than four hours away. I used to deliver wood to Las Vegas years ago, but regulations stopped that. For small time private people there are many options. Firewood, slabs, posts and misc. As long as 4 hours is not too far. Also some nice lakes if you like high desert lakes. There are plenty of clean recreation possibilities. Thanks

It depends on what you want. The San Bernardino mountains are less than four hours away. I used to deliver wood to Las Vegas years ago, but regulations stopped that. For small time private people there are many options. Firewood, slabs, posts and misc. As long as 4 hours is not too far. Also some nice lakes if you like high desert lakes. There are plenty of clean recreation possibilities. Thanks
I left out the part about my milling for future use or a bit of spot $ for the green rough sawn slabs. More a hobby sinceI've been retired for a while now. Thanks ahead of time.

I left out the part about my milling for future use or a bit of spot $ for the green rough sawn slabs. More a hobby sinceI've been retired for a while now. Thanks ahead of time.
My sister lives in Henderson, not much in the way of big timber there, unless you want to cut palm trees. :cool:

My sister lives in Henderson, not much in the way of big timber there, unless you want to cut palm trees. :cool:
Thanks, told the children that I'll stay here (in the woods I meen) til I can't ,don't do csm ing anymore. Then I may have the green stuff kiln dried and move it in a pod so in my own time I'll make saleable goods. Which started me; the desire to have lumber to use as I wanted. That included sizes otherwise unavailable, which is better than I thought.

I spent 25 years in southern Arizona. the southwest has a bunch of eucalyptus, BIG eucalyptus, that you could get your hands on. Golf courses,private residences, etc. Trees fall during the monsoons. folks have them removed. talk to tree services and keep your eyes open. I brought 6 slabs, 2 1/2" x 36" x 72" and 2 10' stalks that still need milling with me to NC.

Latest posts

Back