Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kensie1988

Vintage Saw Maniac
Reaction score
Good evening ladies and gentleman. i don’t normally ask too much of people because that just not who i am, but i need some help and guidance. Winn parish Louisiana has been the heart of the Louisiana timber industry for decades, 39 years our forest festival has been around and of something isn’t done it could perish next year. My sister on the committee told me that the gentleman over the events portion of the forest festival is stepping down. No one else wants to do it or has the know how or connections to do so. As a last ditch effort to save the forest festival she asked me if i would be willing to step up. i told her i would give it my best effort because i can’t let one of the only traditions in our small parish die.

So basically what I’m asking is if anyone would be interested in woodsman skills competitions, hot Saw completions, displaying your chainsaw collections, or vintage tractors, cars, or anything else cool worth displaying. We have knuckleboom loader competitions and grapple skidder competitions as well. Anyone who wants an opportunity to sell anything we will have vendor slots as well, Chainsaw carving is most definitely welcomed!

i just can’t stand by and watch it die you guys, i grew up going and refuse to give up. Please feel free to offer suggestions in this thread or email me at [email protected]

Back