Low cc working saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anither vote for dolmar 420/421. Easyest saw i have ever started.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

@ husky man,
Yes it has a decomp valve. And it helps.
Hot start is no problem (as long as the stop and choke position are correct).

I think the not being able to start is about speed instead of power. My wife is quite fit. Definitly more fit than I am. She does yoga every day, runs regulary and is feminist enough to join in on all the heavy lifting on the farm. But still.

So I do think that spring assist in combination with 40cc might work.
Can anybody confirm I can use the same small mount husky bars?

I'll report back after her birthday [emoji106].

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

My wife is going to get an electric chainsaw. She just can't start a gas one. Looking at Dewalt right now.
Ever watch any Youtube BOLTR videos by AvE? He likes the Mil-Fu.... er Milwaukee electric saw better than the DeWilt. Search BOLTR: Milwaukee Chainsaw & BOLTR: DeWalt Chainsaw on Youtube to watch the vijeos.

My wife is going to get an electric chainsaw. She just can't start a gas one. Looking at Dewalt right now.
I just got a ryobi battery saw think it'll be a toy and I'll just use it to snip the odd thing when I can't be bothered getting a real saw out. Man am I impressed with it, turns out it is a real saw! Not ideal for cutting all day obviously but you'd be surprised how far you'll go on a battery.

@ husky man,
Yes it has a decomp valve. And it helps.
Hot start is no problem (as long as the stop and choke position are correct).

I think the not being able to start is about speed instead of power. My wife is quite fit. Definitly more fit than I am. She does yoga every day, runs regulary and is feminist enough to join in on all the heavy lifting on the farm. But still.

So I do think that spring assist in combination with 40cc might work.
Can anybody confirm I can use the same small mount husky bars?

I'll report back after her birthday [emoji106].

Maybe the problem isn't that she can't start the saw. Maybe it's that she wants to feel like you're big and strong, and asking you to start it gives her those feels... Just a thought...

Ever watch any Youtube BOLTR videos by AvE? He likes the Mil-Fu.... er Milwaukee electric saw better than the DeWilt. Search BOLTR: Milwaukee Chainsaw & BOLTR: DeWalt Chainsaw on Youtube to watch the vijeos.

Love the channel. I'm even a patron. What a guy!
That was one of the reasons I am weary about untested batterysaws.

@Nathan
I ask her a 100% of the times.
But then again, just yesterday she couldn't start the weedeater. Now you make me doubt her motivation. I aways wanted a 3120. May as well give her that then.

I PMed hotelgäst since I don't want to risk adding more fake news online. I didn't try it myself.

@Nathan
I ask her a 100% of the times.
But then again, just yesterday she couldn't start the weedeater. Now you make me doubt her motivation. I aways wanted a 3120. May as well give her that then.

Well, you can test that theory. See how she reacts if after you start the saw, you start dancing around like a caveman, and grunting like Tim Taylor in Home Improvement. And don't take her initial reaction either. If she asks you what that was, just tell her that it made you feel good to let that out.

The ease of starting a Makita 4300 is real. My Dolmar 421, same saw, is super easy to start. Here's a vid I found, with a little overview.

The 2511 is easier. Starts on a single compression when warm. About a six inch pull of the cord, or less. But only 26cc or so.

The 421 is a very solid feeling saw, with the exception of the easily broken clutch cover. It's a bit chunky though.
Mine was built in Germany. And I probably would've never bought the newer Chinese version.
A lot of people tout it as being a faster saw than the Echo CS-490, which isn't really hard to start itself. But I like the torque and lower RPM ability of the 490 better.

Now the Echo CS-400 I had for a short time was also super easy to start. It would start, not just pop, on the first pull after sitting for a month or more. And was easy to pull too.
Granted it was well broken in when I got it. Also lighter and a much slimmer than the 421.
The 400 feels like a 40cc saw should feel. Small and lightweight.

Echo isn't really that available overhere, and they ask stihl prices. But I do appreciate the tip.

Latest posts

Back