Low compression on my new Stihl MS362

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mean while back at the Ranch. David works on his new found Stihl 08 S $12 scrap yard special with great piston-cylinder and pulls good compression. I better not check the compression because that might lead to ...................................................Well you know!!!!!!! :drinkingcoffee: I really hope Stihl makes it right!!

Neither rain,nor sleet,nor dark of night-- Lets hope postal system will not lose it in shipping... or this great mystery will never get solved--I just called Columbo--Charlie Chan and Mc Cloud---those guys can solve this thing No Doubt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!----David

The fuel in the saw was what the shop put in, they filled both the oil and the fuel tanks, then tuned my saw. I installed an MS462R oiler, changed the dwg and installed the tach. I started the saw ran it just enough to check the tach. Yesterday I fell two trees both leaners , one I had to pull a bit. I was having trouble with the face even, I just could load the saw or the chain would stop. I'm doing the back cut on 1st tree and it started to go and huge hinge couldn't keep the saw cutting. I thought well its not broke in. I squared the butt on that tree, then went to fall the next one. This tree I had to pull a bit to get it in the lay. Same problem... this tree had a bigger hinge when it went just couldn't keep the saw cutting... neither tree needed a wedge, so the bar wasn't pinched. I let the saw idle a bit to cool then shut it off, when down to the house and check the compression. Majorly bummed... I have a small 5mm camera with a light build in that connects to my phone. I think I'll slide it in thru the plug opening and see what the cylinder looks like. Unless the compression release is faulty and yes I pulled the release back out when I pulled the cover. The saw does flood pretty easy...funny I was just in the shop yesterday picking up a couple plugs and had their tech check it because I just thought that not right to have to hold the throttle wide open to get it to start.
You said the shop "tuned" it and you added other parts? If it was modified out of specs in the beginning then you voided any warranty. Wow. I read all the time how guys want to modify their new saws and then when it fails blame the manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

It drives people that dont know this nuts!
I really dont want to read this whole post it seems u have been there since ground zero lone wolf what is the outcome I used to be a stihl dealer for many years now a husqvarna/jonsered.redmax and echo/shindiawa I do have a great relationship with my old stihl sales rep from factory hell I bet I can if I was a dealer stil I would just satisfy the customer hand him what he wants earn his buisness and get in stihl's ass as I used to and they always made it right but I'm curious what's the outcome does he still have the saw or what

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

You said the shop "tuned" it and you added other parts? If it was modified out of specs in the beginning then you voided any warranty. Wow. I read all the time how guys want to modify their new saws and then when it fails blame the manufacturer.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Stihl is aware of the mods and seemingly unconcerned about them.

In any case the mods don’t affect the issue the OP is experiencing.

Skipping all the posts and asking a member to fill you in because you don’t want to read them is not unlike modding a saw and expecting a warranty to be honored.

Unless of course Lone wolf is a personal friend or family. I mean no disrespect if this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back