ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Want to Sell Low Hour Very Nice Ported 084 - $1300

Discussion in 'Chainsaws' started by bulletpruf, Dec 2, 2019.

1. bulletpruf

bulletpruf ADVANCED CAD!

Fellas -

Saw has been collecting dust in the garage, so it's time to pass it along. I think it will bring more on eBay, but I'd rather sell to a member here.

Serial number is 128548893. It's clean inside and out. 3/4 wrap. New foam air filter setup. Nice OEM muffler. PHO - no bar/chain. Runs, cuts, oils as it should. I can get a compression check if needed; I don't have it listed in my notes. Comes with felling spikes/dawgs, but they're not pictured.

It was ported by JMS Saws; said to be a woods port. Jason/JMS doesn't have a great reputation here, but the saw has been disassembled since he ported it and all checked out. For what it's worth, Jason wanted to buy the saw from me when I talked to him about it.

Price is $1300 + shipping from 78248.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Robin Wood

Robin Wood Go hard or go home

Bump for a monster saw

cus_deluxe and bulletpruf like this.
  3. cus_deluxe

cus_deluxe Thats what she said.

ive run several of strap-ons saws, including an 084. that one was a good runner. undoubtedly, jms has proven to not be a man of his word in general, but seeing as how this saw has been checked over, i wouldnt hesitate to buy if i were interested.

LonestarStihl and bulletpruf like this.
  4. cus_deluxe

cus_deluxe Thats what she said.

just for fun, heres a link. this was a gtg, unlimited class final, against a pretty good gas 3120 w pipe. not too far off. ive also run that particular saw with a 50” bar.

not a jms advocate by any means, but its not the saws fault the builder is a POS lol.

bulletpruf likes this.