Lumbermate 2000 vs Woodland Mills Hm 130

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rosss

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I am now considering a bandsaw mill.

For some time I have been thinking I would get a woodland mills hm130 but came across the chance to buy a nearly new lumbermate 2000 for about the same amount of dollars.

I watched video of both units operating and the Lumbermate operator seemed to be able to repeat his depth of cut with out having to manually adjust the mill for the each cut? Is that possible on that mill? He would finish each cut and then raise the mill head and then move back to the start of the log, lower the head and start cutting.

On the Hm130 after each cut there was a lot of hand cranking to set the mill head height after each cut, before starting the next.

I will be doing repeating thickness cuts on logs in the 10 to 12 inch diameter range, with the occasional interesting larger logs.

I can chainsaw mill anything logs that are too big for the mill. Only rarely will I be doing any dimensional lumber.

Thoughts on those mills for my purpose?

I may not have the funds in place by the time the LM2000 sells but have seen a few of them for sale, the woodland mills I would likely buy new as they seem to come up used for almost the same as new here.

Thanks

All I can say is, get the LM2000!! Made in the US and Canada, not China...

That means you KNOW it's quality and if needed, parts will be available for MANY years on down the road.

The 2000 is the mill ALL other manual mills are compared to...and deservedly so...

SR

Back