• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Trade M Tronic solenoid valve saga

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortfuze82

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
how many know how soon this new universal fix all green solenoid valve is ciming to fit the other then the 362 and 661 that were already updated with the white valves. As dealers we are all kept in the dark on this solenoid epidemic . Almost as if Stihl wants to keep it hush hush so Husqvarna won’t find out! What a joke. Took them 4 years to finally make the 661 reliable and quit melting down, 3 years to finally figure out the 362 and equip it with the newest electrinics and white valve yet still half the m tronic line up runs the problematic black valves? Why ? I’m sure Stihl would get their $&@ in gear if they themselves had to deal with some of these snotty pissed off professionals which they have every right to be when they are forced to bring back their m tronic saws at least once every 3 to 4 months when they won’t idle anymore with out feathering the trigger to keep them running. I’ve heard on ope thread that the newest green universal valve will not be shipped until all the black valve stock in the warehouses are depleted! Wow what a company they do know other huge company’s like exmark have problems with parts to right? As soon as either of these other companies produce a better engineered part to solve the issue all the old stock parts are then called back and replaced w the update part. Guess Stihl thinks that it’s name is going to carry them a long way down the river during this ordeal! Well sorry to tell them they have lost a fair amount of solid 29 year customers to echo over this theasco since 2015. People will sacrifice performance over reliability any day. What happened to the good old days when company’s strived to make the best product guess those days are long gone

Stihl are now a bunch of corporate, accountant run tossers. They’re trading on their old reputation, which is rapidly slipping. 261 cranks?? 362 cranks?? Both the clutch end, and big end failures. Like you I’ve got 30 year die hard Stihl fans abandoning ship, and going over to Husqvarna. If Stihl had admitted to, and addressed the problems, it would have enhanced their reputation. As it is, it’s slipping fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That’s exactly what I’d like to know the ti bulletins state the white valves have to be used with the new 362 and 661 coils but then we hear from the tech dept that they were testing the white valves with the ore existing coils only on the earlier 362m and it was working so who do you believe I think half the time they just tell us what they think we wanna hear there is nothing set in stone as of this point.

This is why I’m wondering when these universal fix all green valves are due to start being shipped. So I can at least tell customers when this problem can truly be fixed and not just bandaided. There is nothing more I hate as a saw mechanic then spending time doing a repair that you know will not last . Now yes has Stihl been lenient with warranty claims yes we are still warrantying saws from as early as 2015 no questions asked but still come on this fix should not take 3 f$&@$& years

In a nut shell I. Feel Stihl rushed into it too fast after Husqvarna pioneered with the auto tune software which I feel is light years ahead of the m tronic in the aspect it responds faster to calibrate itself the diagnostic is actually a diagnostic tool with actual fuel numbers not just a f$&@$& bar chart with green zones as the Stihl is . Like seriously Stihl produced one cheat sheet for the fuel values do you know what it shows us? When the fuel values are at such an such a number the saw will lean seize ! That’s it no detailed diagnostic chart relaying trouble codes and reasons why that certain code was thrown like Husqvarna and my biggest bribe is that Stihl reset procedure first run it at full choke then at idle ! Husqvarna...... default or master reset DONE.

how many know how soon this new universal fix all green solenoid valve is ciming to fit the other then the 362 and 661 that were already updated with the white valves. As dealers we are all kept in the dark on this solenoid epidemic . Almost as if Stihl wants to keep it hush hush so Husqvarna won’t find out! What a joke. Took them 4 years to finally make the 661 reliable and quit melting down, 3 years to finally figure out the 362 and equip it with the newest electrinics and white valve yet still half the m tronic line up runs the problematic black valves? Why ? I’m sure Stihl would get their $&@ in gear if they themselves had to deal with some of these snotty pissed off professionals which they have every right to be when they are forced to bring back their m tronic saws at least once every 3 to 4 months when they won’t idle anymore with out feathering the trigger to keep them running. I’ve heard on *** thread that the newest green universal valve will not be shipped until all the black valve stock in the warehouses are depleted! Wow what a company they do know other huge company’s like exmark have problems with parts to right? As soon as either of these other companies produce a better engineered part to solve the issue all the old stock parts are then called back and replaced w the update part. Guess Stihl thinks that it’s name is going to carry them a long way down the river during this ordeal! Well sorry to tell them they have lost a fair amount of solid 29 year customers to echo over this theasco since 2015. People will sacrifice performance over reliability any day. What happened to the good old days when company’s strived to make the best product guess those days are long gone
So what are you trading and what are you wanting to trade it for?
You posted this in the trading post :omg:.

It’s truey a shame because if Stihl could figure out the electronics thier saws would be bullet proof . Like what else major goes wrong ok some of the early 362,261 had over speed probs due to the factory installing the wrong ignition controllers honest mistake cranks went out they warranty new saws. The 261 clutch drums would wear ruining oil pump drive tangs same in some 362 boo boo . But other then that what issues were there! Am I right

I'll send my black solenoids, you send me your green ones. White will also be considered.;)

Very mature I realize I posted in the wrong area. Just trying to get things straight for our customers In an industry where no one seems to be concerned about anything but making the numbers for the quarter. In a world where quality has taken a back seat to faster production, the few techs left in the industry that actually still take pride in their work, are not just there for a paycheck and strive to keep its loyal customers they serve happy and well informed is the name again. We are the guys behind the scenes platinum certified and not just weekend warriors or avid hobbyist saw mechanics. The dealer is only good as it’s technicians with out any they are just salesman

No offense intended. Swapping in a white one would be my first try if they are available. I ended up sealing a black one in with 1184 and it seems to have worked. A lot of the problem is the stupid micro O-ring.

Straight from Stihl tech there is also problems with the older style fuel filters passing to many fines . Thus in turn also wearing the valves to the point where they can no longer mechanically seal . Hence the introduction of the 3518 orange large body fuel filters used in all the new 362 and 661 m tronic models. Zama was contracted to produce the old black valves conviently as Stihl owns them , Walbro is producing the new white valves. Main reason for me posting this thread was to see if there was anybody from Europe, or Germany or has contacts to either to try and get information more directly from the source being most if not all the r &d happens over there an they gain access to the most current production models almost instantly

Hi
Probably the same micro-fines that are clogging up the carb filter screens in high use saws. This problem wasn’t present 10 years ago, and I never see it in old saws that have been laid up. I spoke to my favourite Husky dealer, who is the only person I’ve encountered who has identified the same problem. He said it was largely down to the inclusion of bio-ethanol in standard unleaded fuel. Swapping to super or premium unleaded cures it, as it doesn’t have the bio-ethanol in. Haven’t been able to source the new filters in the uk yet, although will try a 2018 362 to see what turns up. Hold a filter screen up to a light source, and look for the silhouette of the bulb. If you can’t see it it’s blocked. Carb cleaner, a good pair of long nose pliers, and 140psi cures it[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 5111 green valves apparently are coming soon to dealers in USA. Their not yet avail in pa, but Kansas has them. Anybody know if these are the rumored fix all for all the 2.0 versions that won’t accept the 5104 white valve? Apparently the green is for the early 201tc????

Attachments

• E34027A6-D315-42F8-A37C-789FA50AF404.jpeg
    E34027A6-D315-42F8-A37C-789FA50AF404.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 17
These green valves appear identical to the failure prone black valves that utilize the plastic sealing ring , instead of the second o ring the white valves have incorporated . Just wondering if anyone has any info on these green valves ? I’d be curious to hear stihls theory behind it

Back