Mac 3214 fuel lines help please

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lambs

Stihl crazy after all these years
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I've put a carb kit in a friend's Mac 3214 saw and while I had the carb out I inspected the fuel lines, noting that the line returning from the carb back to the fuel tank was crimped badly between the two halves of the saw case. There are holes for both the fuel line and the return line to pass through to the tank, but I believe there's a heat shield between the fuel tank and the carb housing which they'll also have to pass through.

Does anyone know if these holes align enough that I'll be able to remove the old lines and push through new ones? If they do not align, I guess I need to separate the two halves of the saw case so I can access the tank and shield? I've not gone into a saw to that extent before and am a little wary of losing parts, causing more issues, etc.

This saw has sentimental value for my friend as it belonged to his late father. I want to get this right for him so he will have a safe running saw even though he'll probably not use it often since he also has an MS250.

Any advice for me out there?

Thanks all.

You can remove both fuel lines (one goes to the carb and the other goes to the primer) and replace them. In time, they give up. I have replaced quite a few with Tygon tubing. It's not an easy task and takes some patience. You might need about 28" of Tygon, but in the end, you will have saved the saw.

While you are at it, replace the oil tank line. It also fails with age.

Back