Mac 3216 good saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It took me awhile to understand the bulbs function. It's not a primer bulb but instead a purge bulb. It doesn't push a small amount of fuel into the carb to prime it. It actually purges any air from the fuel system by pulling fuel into the carb from the fuel line so they are "primed" with fuel.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

It took me awhile to understand the bulbs function. It's not a primer bulb but instead a purge bulb. It doesn't push a small amount of fuel into the carb to prime it. It actually purges any air from the fuel system by pulling fuel into the carb from the fuel line so they are "primed" with fuel.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk
There was a walbro publication that covered the difference in air purge and primer systems I'll have to see if I still have it.

Neither Mini Mac's nor 3200 are really bad to work on, you just need to be familiar with the saws and what is needed to work on them. It can be a bit tedious if you have a carburetor or ignition issue on a Mini Mac and you have to pull the engine out of the case two or three times in a row, but it doesn't really take a lot of time or effort to do it.

The 3200 saws are not really impressive performing saws, but they will cut wood and you don't feel too badly if you drive over one with your truck or trailer loaded with wood.

Mark

Latest posts

Back